OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal #7s

Started by jscrapmetal, March 10, 2012, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jscrapmetal

Shot my Benelli M2 today with Sumtoy 562 and Fed #7 and got good numbers. I got 180 in a 10inch circle at 40yds. William at Sumtoy makes a great choke. Also shot the Nitro #7 with low numbers got 146
:turkey2:

savduck

Holy snikees thats tight.

Im still figuring the feds out. Congrats.
Georgia Boy

msgobblergetter

Very odd getting higher numbers with feds than nitros.

Philippe

Quote from: msgobblergetter on March 10, 2012, 08:54:57 PM
Why do you say that? Nitro's arent always the gods of turkey shells. I'd like to know the payload of the nitros.

MERCing

Sounds like you got a nice combo.
180 is smokin' in a 20. Is that an average or just one shot ?

ssramage

Sounds good. In my gun last year I got better numbers out of the Nitros than I did the Federals...190ish from the Feds and 230s from the Nitros.

jscrapmetal

Thats great what choke were you shooting?

msgobblergetter

Quote from: Philippe on March 11, 2012, 07:01:35 AM
Why do you say that? Nitro's arent always the gods of turkey shells. I'd like to know the payload of the nitros.

Number or pellets are usually higher with Nitros, thats why.  I don't shoot nitros shells because the pressures dangerously high.  So, "gods" they are not.

ssramage

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 12, 2012, 09:17:49 AM
Quote from: ssramage on March 12, 2012, 08:19:16 AM
Sounds good. In my gun last year I got better numbers out of the Nitros than I did the Federals...190ish from the Feds and 230s from the Nitros.

Post some pics, cause thats some of the highest Fed and Nitro numbers I have heard of period.

Posted in another thread so we don't get this one off topic.

Longshanks

Yup im getting 150's-170's with the Fed HW 7's out of my  Beretta 390 20g and thats about as tight as i need to be shooting.  30 yard patterns are super tight and wicked on the turkey. Inside 20yds is gonna be tricky.. :anim_25:

Philippe

Quote from: msgobblergetter on March 12, 2012, 09:41:53 AM
Quote from: Philippe on March 11, 2012, 07:01:35 AM

Number or pellets are usually higher with Nitros, thats why.  I don't shoot nitros shells because the pressures dangerously high.  So, "gods" they are not.

Totally agree with ya here sir. I wouldnt stick one of those in any of my guns.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Longshanks on March 16, 2012, 04:52:48 AM
Yup im getting 150's-170's with the Fed HW 7's out of my  Beretta 390 20g and thats about as tight as i need to be shooting.  30 yard patterns are super tight and wicked on the turkey. Inside 20yds is gonna be tricky.. :anim_25:

That's the same range I'm getting with my 11-87 20g and a Remington Super Full.  I would'nt want it to be tighter, but a bit more open would be okay.  The results are about the same with new shells purchased last month, and from a different lot number purchased last year.