Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New rig almost finished! Updated with pics.

Started by Trevor2, March 10, 2012, 01:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

My gf decided she wanted to turkey hunt so she is taking her hunter safety course. I went yesterday after some good reviews on this gun from fellars on here and bought her own turkey rig. I got the H&R Pardner in 20. Set her up with the williams sights, swivels and getting her a claw sling. Gotta order her choke and put the sling on it and its finished. Already sighted the williams in with some low brass 7 1/2s.
What yall think. With the low brass and the factory choke, a turkey wouldnt stand a chance at 20 yards lol Got some Federal High Velocity Flight control wad #6 to try. Pics are uploading now.

:newmascot:
Strutstopper

knightrider

surehuntsalot

fine looking shotgun
I believe I'm going to treat myself to one
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider

here is mine i done up in a rattle can paint job with tightwad choke and truglo sights,i polished the barrel and  getting 130-140 at 40 with the hevi 6

surehuntsalot

Quote from: knightrider on March 10, 2012, 09:58:02 PM
here is mine i done up in a rattle can paint job with tightwad choke and truglo sights,i polished the barrel and  getting 130-140 at 40 with the hevi 6

I like that,that's one fine job you did on it :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MERCing

Nice looking set-ups.

What chokes do the H&R use ?

knightrider

invector /winchester/mossberg 500 chokes will fit the h@r

J-Shaped

Nice. I've got a couple of buddies that just bought these for their girlfriends and they say that they shoot really well. Great buy for the money.

bsci21