OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 500????

Started by MAKEemQUIVER, March 10, 2012, 01:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAKEemQUIVER

Found a 20 Ga Mossberg 500 and was wandering if any of you guys have had any luck with this gun, thanks for any help.
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

jtharpe

mine shoot good after a set of sights to correct the POI, i just dont use it because it is a shiny blue gun and that dang ratteling forend.

R AJ

They are fine for turkey. I like that gun with a SumToy choke that shoots good lead numbers in Fed FC lead #6s and H-13 #6/#7 . His bad boy is especially for the Federal HW #7s that hit like a #5 lead load. See Sum Toy Customs and
contact Wm Lambert at the number at the top or e-mail him. If that barrel is polished and ready to go you should be in good shape with this combo.

surehuntsalot

they make great turkey guns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

Quote from: MAKEemQUIVER on March 10, 2012, 01:08:59 PMFound a 20 Ga Mossberg 500 and was wandering if any of you guys have had any luck with this gun, thanks for any help.
I've used a Mossberg® Mdl 500C 20ga w/26" barrel since 2000. It patterns several loads really well through two chokes..........
• Hastings® .570" Extended Turkey Choke (#I20570)
• Wrights® Swarm™ .555" Extended Turkey Choke

I get my best patterns w/Winchester® Pb loads.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

earlybird

i just bought one this year and couldnt get it to sight in with fiber optics so i put a nikon turkey pro on it.It shoots really good out to 30yds so far with win #5s,havent shot it any farther yet.Hope to try it out in Florida 1st of april.Good luck.

BOFF

I got one for my daughter the 500 Super Bantam Turkey gun. The sights on it were off by a foot high at 30 yards. No way to adjust anymore. Put a FF II on it, and my daughter shot her first turkey with it yesterday.

Gun is posted, patterns are posted, etc. on OG.

God Bless,
David B.

Fullfan

I have one that I won and am setting it up for the girls. Shot it today with the #7 Federal Heviweights. With the factory full choke I was able to get 140 in a ten at 40. But like others have said the POI was about a foot high. Going to correct that with a red dot..
Don't gobble at me...

goblr77

Here's a pattern from a 500 20ga I no longer have.