turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Vest

Started by okiegobblers, March 05, 2012, 08:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunnerj

Just moved up from my Super Elite 2 to a 3. Best vest on the market. I wish it came in Nat Gear camo. I settled for M.O. Bottomland.

Frank_T

Another vote for super elite 3 . Lots of storage and works great for me .

Brshpile

Really in love with my new gorilla gobbler pack. Think it is the best on the market.

jblackburn

Quote from: gunnerj on March 09, 2012, 07:56:15 PM
Just moved up from my Super Elite 2 to a 3. Best vest on the market. I wish it came in Nat Gear camo. I settled for M.O. Bottomland.

no joke, is there a vest in Natgear?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

bushwhacker

Quote from: jblackburn on March 10, 2012, 11:17:55 PM
Quote from: gunnerj on March 09, 2012, 07:56:15 PM

no joke, is there a vest in Natgear?
there used to be one on their website, dunno if it's still available or not though.

bushwhacker

jblackburn, there's a nat gear vest on the midway usa website for 59.99. Also anyone looking for a super elite 3, macks prairie wings has them on sale for 65 bucks.

turkeytromp

I have been using the HS Strut deluxe SUV vest and love it, however next season I'm going to get the ol'Tom time & motion I-beam vest only because I have all of the ol'tom gear now.

ctwny1

John Y

redleg06

I realized after an afternoon of scouting on Sunday that it was time to get a lighter/cooler vest so I went and bought and Ol Tom Time and Motion vest....

Tired of sweating it out with my other vest and I just dont carry enough crap to need the 50 pockets. 

jakebird

I wear a guide series vest from gander mountain. Its probably pushing ten years old, but i've just never found a need to switch yet.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

CallMaker

I wear a Super Elite III  ....It has plenty of room and the seat is thick enough to be comfortable.  It does get a little warm in the late Spring but I just open it up.
Steven

ssramage

I wear an Ol Tom Essentials vest and like it so far

GregN

Hi Folks - not to highjack the thread (Okiiegobblers, hopefully this may help you out too), but it seems more than a few of the folks here using the SuperElite III mention that it can get "hot" to wear in warmer temps. 

Just wondering if the newer SuperElite III in TREKLITE would solve that problem? 

Any treklite users care to comment?

I'm in the market for a vest and the SuperElite III TREKLITE sounds great; but if its hot to wear, I'll go with a stap vest (Cabelas Tactical Tater II)

Thanks for the feedback,
Greg

MossbergMike

I have a H.S. Strut not sure of the name that's the brand. I keep it as empty as possible. This is only my second season turkey hunting but I want to be lite on my feet if i have to run and gun. I carry one box call snips, zip ties two pot calls, one box call and 3 mouth calls. A home made blind and a bottle of water. and a crow call.  This keeps me lite and also is a very comfortable vest.