OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Vest

Started by okiegobblers, March 05, 2012, 08:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiegobblers

Hey guys I'm going to get a new vest and want your opinion...What's your favorite one to wear?

cannonball

Super Elite III for me.

OLDSPUR

I like the limbhanger

870BkWht

Quote from: cannonball on March 05, 2012, 08:56:21 PM
Super Elite III for me.

X 2.  Mine is in MO obsession, but they make it in Bottomland as well.

redleg06

I think the Super Elite 3 is top of the line with quality but man it gets warm in the area's I hunt later in the spring and that thing doesnt breath much and tempts me to carry more junk than any 4 turkey hunters really need in the woods. I usually start out with a bulky vest full of all the new crap I bought (that call i had to have etc) in the offseason and end up with a really small vest with room for my mouth calls, a pot call and bottle of water... 

I bought a cheap Mossy oak vest (dont even know the name of it) from wingsupply.com and it's about all i wear now cause I just dont use that much stuff and would rather be comfortable.

harleytom

tomtamer25

I also use a super elite 3  love it

mdtkyhntr

Limbhanger for me. It's the best vest I've hunted with.

jblackburn

I recently got a limbhanger and it seems really good.  I like the pockets and the way it wears.  I have not hunted with it yet, but I am excited to this year!  My previous vest was a $5 clearance vest from Wally world, it was actually built fairly well, just not very many useful pockets.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DeadEye09

Ol Tom! Light and not too hot

Gooserbat

After last year my old Super Elite II was simply worn out and while I liked it alot I went with a Time n Motion from Old Tom instead of a Super Elite III.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jester

Bass Pro High Back Lounger, is by far my favorite vest of all time.  I have been using one since they were Buck Lick Creek about 6 years now and love them.  Where I hunt sometimes there arent any trees around, with it you just pull the seat down and your good to go.

Headhunter270

Super elite III great deal at wings supply

remmy1187

Currently using the super elite 3.  It works good for my hunting style and has plenty of room.

cahaba

I have a Elite III and I like it but it does get hot. I think I will try an Old Tom next year.