OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thinking about a 10

Started by sippy cup, March 05, 2012, 04:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippy cup

Ive been kicking around idea of getting a 10 gauge what would you recommend
beware of longdale legend

vaturkey

Quote from: sippy cup on March 05, 2012, 04:24:52 PM

Sippy Cup

I would recommend you going to Lowe's & getting a 4 ft long salt treated 6x6 & carry it around in the woods for a couple of weeks so you could get use to the weight !   :funnyturkey:
Vaturkey

WildTigerTrout

Browning BPS 10 Ga. I have the 24" barrel Stalker version. Mine came with factory Hi-Vis FO sights and Browning's factory extra-full turkey choke. I replaced the choke with a Bansner .695. IMO the "Big Ten"is great. The only disadvantage is the weight. It's something you have to get used to.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

TN-Hunter

When you get done carring that 6X6 go get you an SP-10  :z-guntootsmiley:

rtsj

Quote from: TN-Hunter on March 05, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
X2 :icon_thumright: I do love my SP-10!!!!!!

Roy

Devastator

Quote from: rtsj on March 05, 2012, 09:05:33 PM
Quote from: TN-Hunter on March 05, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
X2 :icon_thumright: I do love my SP-10!!!!!!

Roy
i do love mine too but it is getting a tad heavy to hold free handed.elbows on the knees,OK.

runngun

If you want to get in reasonable NEF makes one, it is a single shot. But I have a Browning Gold and love it.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Basser69

Quote from: vaturkey on March 05, 2012, 07:11:18 PM
Quote from: sippy cup on March 05, 2012, 04:24:52 PM

Sippy Cup

I would recommend you going to Lowe's & getting a 4 ft long salt treated 6x6 & carry it around in the woods for a couple of weeks so you could get use to the weight !   :funnyturkey:

A 4ft long 6 X 6 weighs less than my SP-10 but man do I love that gun  :toothy9:

Beretta686

I have a BPS 10 and it has the nickname either Rolling Thunder or The Crow Bar. It depends how far you tote it.

Honestly. the 10 is in my "Golf Bag" so to say. Depending on the type of area I am hunting, depends on what gun I tote. 20g, choice of 12g and choice of 10g.  Well currently 1 that I can use (BPS)and 1 in the shop (H&R) getting pimped out. 

My wife says I'm sick. LOL I don't own a 3 1/2 12g
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

4nolz2

you will LOVE it-I use a 10 because they dont sell an 8.

all the whining about gun weight is overblown-thats what shoulder slings are for and if you cant hold your gun up with a gobbler in site you need to take up competitive table tennis. :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:

4nolz2

nothing personal just kidding  :z-guntootsmiley:

WildTigerTrout

:agreed:
Quote from: 4nolz2 on March 06, 2012, 01:41:29 PM
you will LOVE it-I use a 10 because they dont sell an 8.

all the whining about gun weight is overblown-thats what shoulder slings are for and if you cant hold your gun up with a gobbler in site you need to take up competitive table tennis. :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:
:agreed: I have a Vero Vellini neopreme sling that is WIDE, has some give to it and distributes the weight so my BPS "Big Ten" does'nt FEEL so heavy to carry. Works great.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

rivermafia

I have the SP10 and love it. Just wish i still had my old one with a 30" barrel instead of the 23" on the one i have now. its not the lightest gun in the world, but i don't worry about that. My wife shot it last year. She said it kicks no where near what my SBE does. My dad used to have a BPS10. It kicks like a mule! He shot left handed and at the time there were no left handed guns and it ejects out the bottom. I'm with 4nolz2. I shoot a 10 cause thats the biggest they make!!!!!!!!!!!!