News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

.670 versus .660 ?

Started by woodwzrd, March 01, 2012, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodwzrd

Hey guys,

I am shooting a mossberg 535 with a factory .670 choke. I am pushing Winchester HV 3 1/2"  2.5 oz 6's through it. Right now it patterns ok. I am getting 120ish at 30-35 yards. I would like to tighten it up a bit and I am wondering how much of a difference I may see going from the .670 to a jellyhead .660.

Thanks

BigPeck215

its more about internal geometry and design of the choke that it is exit diameter, and compared to the factory choke the jellyhead has much better geometry

nyhunter

I would try it you might be surprised .

FttFttVroom!

You should see low 100's in the ten at 40 with the .660, possibly more depends on your barrel length.

chatterbox

The .660 JH is a very good choke for that gun.

FttFttVroom!

5's in my gun like a 670 a little better than 660

surehuntsalot

the .660 should tighten up those #6's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mcgruff1533

I would definitely get a different choke to replace the .670" ported tube that came with your Mossberg.    Most likely, any aftermarket choke will probably outperform that ported X-Factor tube that shipped with your gun.

I ended up selling the .670 X-Factor tube that came with my 535 Tactical Turkey.     All of my chokes outperformed it, including a cheap .665" Undertaker tube.

A .660" Jelly Head, Indian Creek, Pure Gold or other tube would be a good place to start.