turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opinions on best lead choke for bps?

Started by Rockhound, March 01, 2012, 02:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Ok so Im averaging 200+ in a 16 with my kicks and 120ish in a 10 with win. shells i have a  primos jelly hea on the way and in one post a  guy said he was gettin 154 in a ten with the jelly head and 123 with the same kicks now if i can boost my numbers by 30 wth the win and federal shells i am going to be tickled to death but his were 2-1/4 oz shells and mine are just 2 oz any insight would be appreciated

SLAYER

What size shot are you shooting ? 6's ? What's the choke constriction ? I've got a .675 Hastings and it patterns great with Federal 2.25 oz. #6. These are the old federal premium turkey, not the Flite control wad. Might try the Fed 7's in heavy shot.

Rockhound

im shooting a kicks 690 with win #5s and fed #5s NON FCW i havent tried 6 shot but honestly my patterns seem tighter every time i shoot and its only had about 10 shots through it but the jelly head didnt cost me anything out of pocket so i figured it was worth the money lol

BigPeck215

Quote from: Rockhound on March 01, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
a  guy said he was gettin 154 in a ten with the jelly head and 123 with the same kicks

that was me, i'm in the market for a new load choke for my 10ga as well, i'm thinking about going with a .690 Indian Creek because the IC in my 870 out shot every other choke on the market that i have tried, but $95.00 for the IC is a bit of a stretch, thinkin about a pure gold for around 70.00, but i dunno i also found a company called wilson precision that makes custon 10 ga choke right down the road from me in Ida, Michigan, so im thinkin about giving them a call, take a look on their website they have some very interesting chokes at reasonable prices

Rockhound

Quote from: BigPeck215 on March 02, 2012, 05:14:01 PM
Quote from: Rockhound on March 01, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
a  guy said he was gettin 154 in a ten with the jelly head and 123 with the same kicks

that was me, i'm in the market for a new load choke for my 10ga as well, i'm thinking about going with a .690 Indian Creek because the IC in my 870 out shot every other choke on the market that i have tried, but $95.00 for the IC is a bit of a stretch, thinkin about a pure gold for around 70.00, but i dunno i also found a company called wilson precision that makes custon 10 ga choke right down the road from me in Ida, Michigan, so im thinkin about giving them a call, take a look on their website they have some very interesting chokes at reasonable prices

Wow your not joking they do have some good prices and there card shooters are TIGHT!!! i may have to look into this if you get one let me know what ya think but if i get your kinda numbers from jellyhead ill be satisfied "i think"