turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mid morning hunting?

Started by jbennett, February 29, 2012, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmiah22

Mid morning is perfect timing if you ask me, ive killed more birds mid morning than any other time

gunnerj

Go where you know you have a good concentration of birds. If you have them gobbling that's great. For the silent birds, here's a couple tactics that work. Decoying to a field that you know they use. Late morning to mid day are the best times for decoys. Walking service roads by/through the woods and hen calling. I like the box call for this because it carrys. You sound like a lost wondering hen. This can fire a gobble. It works on fencelines too!  :anim_25:

Ky strutt n bust n

Quote from: Bigmiah22 on March 22, 2012, 06:39:43 PM
Mid morning is perfect timing if you ask me, ive killed more birds mid morning than any other time
this!. i would rather hunt from the 10 am to 2 pm time range. then any of other time of the day. love running and gunning putting miles on the boots covering ground calling every 100 yards or so into the hollers seeing what i can stir up. sometimes can stir up a lonely hen, and if i can piss her off and get her all fired up might get a gobbler into a firing frenzy. have done this on several times and works 9.9 out of 10.