turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Give me your favorite 3?

Started by TauntoHawk, February 28, 2012, 10:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Give me your favorite 3 strikers or striker woods.

I know this is a major personal preference question and that each striker can sound different but I just started my custom call collection for hunting and now I want a couple of extra strikers that can help bring out the potential in them.

I have a lights out Osage Slate, Mike Yingling Copper over glass, Hooks assassin aluminum, and a Halloran Twisted Sister Crystal over slate

my strikers include purpleheart, laminate, and Hickory

Just looking for some ideas from guys that have run a lot of strikers and pot combos that are must haves

Thanks,

Nate
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jblackburn

Hard to beat hickory, IMO.  I also like red oak on slate and osage orange (hedge) sounds good on glass.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomanyturkeycalls

Persimmon, black locust, dogwood........and yellowheart, canarywood,laminate and.... lol

savduck

hickory, blood wood, and mascar ebony
Georgia Boy

gobbler336

pappy

Hickory (all-round) Osage (glass) chestnut (slate) other then these I would pick up a laminate....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Longbeardfever4ever

I've got a certain purpleheart striker that I made that goes with me to all contests and all hunts. The thing is a beast. I've never been able to replicate it. Rosewood is another awesome one. And my 3rd would either be dymondwood or yellowheart.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

TRKYHTR

Maple. Osage, Dymondwood.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Stoner

Bubinga, Hickory, and Quilted Sapele

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ThicketThrasher

Purpleheart, hickory and maple......

West Augusta

Ipe, Black Locust, and Bloodwood
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Jbird22

Yellowheart (Glass/Crystal), Dymondwood (Anodized Aluminum), Charcoal Laminate (All around)

I use/like Purpleheart, Bloodwood, and Monkeywood a lot also.

TauntoHawk

Guys I really appreciate all the responses

Glad to see some of the strikers I already have on some list, I really do love the Hickory and laminate, but lots of other good ones to consider

Yellowheart, Dymondwood, Osage, and Maple seem to rise to the top of my list for right now but keep em coming

Next I need to figure out who I want to buy them from
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jbird22

Quote from: TauntoHawk on February 29, 2012, 10:15:12 AM
Next I need to figure out who I want to buy them from

Lightsout and Dad's (Jerry White) are my favorites