OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Brand new Turkey Thug 535 first day @ range with her.

Started by BrownTrout, February 28, 2012, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

The Shooters Friend will work well for that, I had one on my 835 tactical, and it helped a lot.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That Indian Creek is shooting very well.  That is excellent for a 20" barrel right there.  I'm impressed! 

BrownTrout

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on March 01, 2012, 02:53:13 AM
Brown Trout:  Do you have any photos of the recoil pad?     I have a 535 Tactical Turkey with the 20" barrel and would like to mitigate the recoil somewhat.   

No but I can take some if you don't find it on allaboutshooting.

Its the recoil pad Clark sales on all about shooting website.   Thats where I bought it.
Who is John Galt?

One of the most ridiculous defenses of foreign aid is that it is a very small part of our national income. If the average American set fire to a five-dollar bill, it would be an even smaller percentage of his annual income. But everyone would consider him foolish for doing it. -- Thomas Sowell in 'Barbarians Inside the Gates'

BrownTrout

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 01, 2012, 05:34:03 AM
That Indian Creek is shooting very well.  That is excellent for a 20" barrel right there.  I'm impressed! 

Thanks!

Yeah I'm pretty please since all I did to her was a good deep cleaning for about an hour.  I kept scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing.  Then I'd let it soak for a few minutes and come back and hit her again. I kept repeating that cycle and was amazed at the junk that came out.
Who is John Galt?

One of the most ridiculous defenses of foreign aid is that it is a very small part of our national income. If the average American set fire to a five-dollar bill, it would be an even smaller percentage of his annual income. But everyone would consider him foolish for doing it. -- Thomas Sowell in 'Barbarians Inside the Gates'

njdevilsb

Quote from: BrownTrout on February 29, 2012, 09:37:56 PM

Any of you other fellas have any chokes in mind that I should try?

Thanks again,

Jason

I've got a Pure Gold brand new in the package that I'm waiting to shoot in my 535.  The weather is starting to look up finally.  I'll probably shoot it within the next 3 weeks hopefully.  I can give you some results then, but if you're like me, patience isn't one of my best qualities when it comes to new toys.

BrownTrout

Yeah I'm just like you.  But the PG is one that I want to try and so is the Tightwad.  Maybe I'll buy the tightwad, test it and give you my results.  You can let me know how the PG works for you.  I rechecked those PM's you sent me and our two shotguns are real close almost identical on patterns with same choke tubes, so I think it will be a very accurate test on your end and mine. 
Who is John Galt?

BrownTrout

Actually, since I made the previous post a few minutes ago, I've been considering even trying another tube.  And honestly, I think I'm done pending your Pure Gold test.  I'm curious how that works out and if its any better than the IC I might give it a whirl then.  I'm not buying any others unless I see some excellent results.  277 out of this little stick is good enough for me.  Plus on a warmer day in the spring I'll get higher numbers anyhow. And I still wanna try the sixs and the blends yet with what I got. 

What do you guys think?  I should probably just role with the 7's and this IC choke huh.

Or
Who is John Galt?

njdevilsb

That's a great pattern and will kill a bird any day of the week.  You definitely don't need to look any farther.  If you're happy with it, I'd say hunt with it.  There's always next season if you feel like toying around with it some more.  It's more of a hobby to me than a "I need to squeeze more pellets in the circle" type of thing.  I love screwing in a new choke and counting holes.  The IC gave you a nice even pattern, which is more important than super high numbers anyway.  

The 3" blends didn't pattern well at all out of mine.  I'm not saying they won't out of yours, it may be worth a shot.  I haven't tried the blends in a 3.5", or #6's though.

BrownTrout

Oh I like to tinker to and squeeze out whatever I can get.  I think we owe it to the turkeys to kill them as cleanly and quickly as we can.  The more pellets the better.  Its just spending all the money at once and I'm running out of time.  I got a surgery coming up in 14 days, so I don't want to spend all the money now and just have the stuff laying around.

I'll definitely be trying more at a later date.  I hope to try the PG before I go under the knife.  Plus, I still have some experimenting to do with the ones I already have.  I'm still striving to make the 300 club, just probably not this year.  Or maybe later in the summer..lol.
Who is John Galt?