OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

.690 indian creek vs .690 pure gold

Started by BigPeck215, February 28, 2012, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPeck215

looking at getting another choke tube for my nef 10ga, either a .690 IC or a .690 PG, I will be shooting a stockpile of Remington Hevi Shot 1 7/8oz 6's and Win XX 2.25oz 5's or 6's.

I have an indian creek for my 12ga and it shoots unbelieveable patterns and I have never shot a Pure gold but hear excellent things about them as well.

I can only choose one :( Which one should i go with?   

deadbuck

You may be splitting hairs. I would not think there could be that much difference but of course you don't know until both are shot. Buy both and sell the worst performer is your only option.

gobbler74

Quote from: deadbuck on February 28, 2012, 05:50:58 PM
You may be splitting hairs. I would not think there could be that much difference but of course you don't know until both are shot. Buy both and sell the worst performer is your only option.

Kinda what he said. Both shoot great but its based on what shell you are putting through it and what type of pattern you are after. Both are shooters.  I really liked the patterns from the IC .690 with the shells I shoot in one 10.  Yours may prefer the Pure Gold with your shells. I'd suggest shoot both, maybe even try a couple other loads before you sell either. You may find one works with the other and decide to keep both.  :icon_thumright:     
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SLAYER

I'm gonna shoot mine as soon as my mag blends arrive and we get a nice day. I bought the I.C. .690. Boy I wish their was a way you could rent a couple chokes and try them out in your gun with different shells. Maybe 6 different sizes. For example a .710, .700, .695, .690, .685, .680. Pick 2 loads . Mag Blends through the .710- .690, and Hevi #6's 0r 7's through the .685 and .680. Pick the best patterning choke in your gun , it and send them back so someone else can try 'em.Then buy the one that shot the best in your gun. Also the ammo companies could sell a pattern test package . Say a 5 shell box 1 mag blend 5x6x7 , 1 Blend 6x7, 1 HV #5 ,1 HV #6, 1 HV #7, 5 patterning targets That way you could buy a good choke and know which size shot or blend shoots best without breaking the bank. Then you could by a 25 box of the best shell. Just a thought.

BigPeck215

indian creek will usually work with you to find the right diameter, so i'm hoping that if i do pick up the .690 IC and it doesnt shoot well they will work with me to find the right diameter