OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any thoughts on the new line of Turkey Thug calls from Quaker Boy?

Started by okiegobblers, February 28, 2012, 10:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiegobblers

Just curious if anyone has tried any of these new calls.  Not sure if they are new or just the same calls with the THUG logo?

Turkey Trot

My thoughts on them are than one can see and buy more and better custom calls on this site and on member makers' websites at better prices.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 28, 2012, 02:29:59 PM
My thoughts on them are than one can see and buy more and better custom calls on this site and on member makers' websites at better prices.

agree...I will never buy a call from a box store again
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

North of 8

okiegobblers

Wow guys apprecaite the advice! Can you steer me to a couple of custom makers that are on this site?

Turkey Trot

There is a bunch of callmakers on here, and I am not trying to do any injustice to any of them because I don't know all of them/can't remember them all.  You can look at the Callmaking form and classifieds.

Pappy's
A-J Calls
B&B Calls
Motherlode Calls
Lights Out
SpringAllure
Dominator
S&S Calls
Kaiser Calls
Lonzo's (won DD Adams awards 2 years in a row)
Misfire
Supreme
Hook's
Stone Road
Waddle Whacker

These two may not be here, but they are good:

Beard Hunter
Bud N Betty (Russell Lynch)

I know I did not hit them all, but I'd be confident and pleased to walk in the woods with the calls of any of the above.  Some go for different aspects, i.e. some are more decorative than others, some go for different pitch, etc., but they all make calls that will kill turkeys and are better value than big store calls.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

okiegobblers

Thanks for the list Turkey Trot! Im going to look into them.

Gold Spur

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 28, 2012, 02:29:59 PM

X4!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

tha bugman

Even though I am not wild about the name....I got the Rimshot slate with 3 strikers and it sounds really good for $20