OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

need some 10ga choke advice

Started by BigPeck215, February 27, 2012, 06:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPeck215

i need some choke advice for my nef 10ga, i've decided that this will be a lead only gun since htl for the 10ga is outta my prce range and in low supply.

With the Win xx 2.25oz 6's & 5's I get 150's in the 10" out of my .690 Jellyhead, i am very very happy with those numbers out of a lead shell

my question is, if i go to a .690 Pure gold or a .690 Indian Creek, can i expect enough of a jump in 10" numbers to justify the change. If i made the change i would be expecting to get at least 180 in the 10". Do you guys think that is a possibility or should i be happy with the current numbers?

runngun

That is some good numbers right there. I don't think you will see that big of a difference stepping down but you never know That is great lead numbers!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

presdme

I have a nef 10 gauge with a kicks gobblin thunder 680 choke tube. Shoots low 180s at 40 yards with the discontinued winchester supreme 6 shot. I only hope feds 6 shot does the same!!

eight bore

I gave up factory load performance a long time ago so i
don't have a qualified opinion. I do hear good results
with Indian Creek though.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan