turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why even have a patterning section

Started by bird, February 27, 2012, 09:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Why even have a special patterning section that is meant to show pictures of particular setups according to gun, choke and shell, when people are CONSTANTY posting stuff in this "special" section that clearly belongs in the regular gun section. I myself am growing tired of CONSTANTLY having to have to move these threads to the approiate area of the forum. If people can't post in correct area then there is no need to have this special section just for posting pattern pictures because soon, very soon I am going to stop moving these threads that were placed in the wrong section and within a short period of time we will basically two gun sections which will result in us having to merge the two into one and then there will no longer be a "special" section just for showing gun patterns. So please be mindful of what section you are posting in before posting. If not to save the admin team unnecessary work but for the rest of the site members. Thank You for your time and consideration in this matter

Al

HogBiologist

didnt even notice that section.  WOW am i blind.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

reynolds243

I still think that pattern section would do much better with child threads for gun types like Mossberg, Benelli, Beretta, Remington ect....

would make searching for a particular gun/combo much easier...may even help the posting over there.

MY

The description for this section says guns and patterning, I bet if you could change that it would help.  I like being able to go to one section to see patterns.

bird

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 27, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
I still think that pattern section would do much better with child threads for gun types like Mossberg, Benelli, Beretta, Remington ect....

would make searching for a particular gun/combo much easier...may even help the posting over there.

I hear what you're saying and completely agree but right now the way things are going that would be even more work for the admin team. If some of the members can't even utilize the sections properly the way they are set up now then there is no way in the world they will utilize it properly with child boards. That will become nothing but a complete nightmare to manage properly. Kinda like giving your kids a goldfish to see if they can show some responsibility before they can have a puppy. If the goldfish dies then they sure as heck ain't getting no puppy.

bird

Quote from: MY on February 27, 2012, 09:33:00 AM
   The description for this section says guns and patterning, I bet if you could change that it would help.  I like being able to go to one section to see patterns.

Read a little closer ... The title of that section says, "Turkey Gun Pattern Pictures" not Guns and Patterning plus there is a sticky by Shannon that explains what this section is designed for.

Philippe

That would be a great idea, but like they said, it takes some extra time to keep allmof those sub forums in check. I'd gladly do it for them if the site admins would like to have sub forums for the patterning section broken down into gun specific sections.

MY

I have read them both closley and was pointing out that patterning is listed in two sections.  I know one says pictures but I'm sure alot of people don't take the time to read all of the titles and when they see patterning in the gun section description they place the patterns there.  Just trying to help.

bird

Quote from: MY on February 27, 2012, 10:26:46 AM
  I have read them both closley and was pointing out that patterning is listed in two sections.  I know one says pictures but I'm sure alot of people don't take the time to read all of the titles and when they see patterning in the gun section description they place the patterns there.  Just trying to help.

Well all I can say to that is that they need to take the time to read before posting.

GeorgeJR

I second this.

gophert

I would like to see everyone use the standard of 10" at 40 yards.  I could care less about someone's pattern at 30 or 35 or even 38.  How hard is it to tape off 40 yards and shoot.   Ok...there's my soap box for the day!   

Carry on.