turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20ga magnum blends...

Started by sevetts, February 25, 2012, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

I picked up a .570 Tightwad choke for my 870 youth and tried a magblend through it at 35 yds I got 206 in a 12" circle     
I really liked that combo
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BlkJeep

I had good luck with the mag blends. Shot 155 in 10" @ 30 yards.870, 26" bbl, tightwad choke. I tried the Fed HW 6's but I've got the wrong choke for those. The pattern  just blew apart. It's my daughter's new setup and we are happy with those numbers. 

bsci21

Tom Foolery

I shot my 21" youth 870 yesterday with the Rem SF and got 119 @ 35yds with the magblends.

I am going to polish the barrel because it looks like a drunken gorilla used a wood rasp to cut the barrel.  By far the worst looking Remington barrel I have ever seen.

Thinking about picking up a Tightwad to try with it.

kyhareraiser

last season i got a sweet deal on a mossberg 500 (20 ga) so i go to basspro ,tell the rep i want a choke for shooting hevi13  ,so he picked me out the primos brnd with a ported end. there was only one box of 5 of the hevi 13 magnum blend so i got those and a box of 6,s. with the gon sighted in with the 6,s i loaded up a hevi 13 magnum blend for the turkey i heard gobblin on opener morn. as he approached my deke and did a little show,i opened up on his red head, all i saw was his feet flying up over his head by the momentum of theload hitting him,,no flopping ,,just dead.. got 4 magnums left, i'm sighted in and i,m goin after a gobbler or two this weekend.. love the hevi-13 mag blend.. lookin' for them in the 12 ga..would be baaaddddd