OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta 391 20 gauge or similar

Started by JUGHEAD, February 24, 2012, 01:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUGHEAD

I've noticed that a couple of you guys turkey hunt with a 391 20 gauge but I can't remember who.  I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these guns to see how they felt relative to the Benelli M2, but as I understand it from reading their website....Beretta doesn't make a 20 gauge autoloader in anything but the fancy finished clay shooting guns?  Is that correct?  Or can you order whatever you want from them?  What kinds of finishes did Beretta offer when they used to offer the 20 gauge in a standard 391?  What do you guys have?  Do you guys ever run across them used as I haven't seen anything like what I'm interested in on gunbroker and I've been looking for a good while?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

JUGHEAD

Also...what is/was the weight of yours?  I can't find any specs on any 391 20 gauges.

JR

I sent you a PM.  I believe mine weighs 5.8lbs.

JR

mossyoakpro

That is correct....no 20 gauge options in any field guns right now.  My local dealer told me that when I was shopping around.  He is one of the largest Beretta dealers in the US.  According to him they have found out that they are losing out on some business so they may start building them again in the next model year.
Phillippians 4:13

Coolie

is any body tryed a 20 gauge nova 26'' , with a hevi-shot blend .575 choke

savduck

Quote from: mossyoakpro on February 24, 2012, 04:53:48 PM
That is correct....no 20 gauge options in any field guns right now.  My local dealer told me that when I was shopping around.  He is one of the largest Beretta dealers in the US.  According to him they have found out that they are losing out on some business so they may start building them again in the next model year.

Ill have my money ready. They need a pistol grip to. Love my Berettas. Piss on a Benelli.
Georgia Boy

savduck

I just bought a Weatherby SA 08 20 gauge. Ive been eyeballing this gun for almost a year. Laid hands on one today and couldnt leave it.

I got it home to clean it, and the "guts" are 100% beretta 390. Weatherby uses a mossberg choke, but the internals are the 390 design 100%.

I walked out the door for 499.99
Georgia Boy

WyoHunter

My 391 20 ga. is a Gold Grade I bought 9 years ago. I bought it for pheasants but it's turned into a turkey gun. A camo gunsock is all it took. Great little gun!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

jscrapmetal

SAVDUCK maybee you wouldnt be having the problems pattering your gun if you bought a BENELLI...... :z-guntootsmiley:

savduck

Quote from: jscrapmetal on March 13, 2012, 06:41:23 AM
SAVDUCK maybee you wouldnt be having the problems pattering your gun if you bought a BENELLI...... :z-guntootsmiley:

The two benellis I owned in the past were the worst patterning guns I ever owned, And the never shot to POA with a bead.

I had two SBE 1s. They are nice guns, but not worth the money IMO.
Georgia Boy

Ranman

I have a 3901, bought it off Gunbroker.  Great gun. Minimal recoil. Does not throw up as nice as the Benelli, but the gas operation is sweet. Throws great patterns with multiple chokes. Still available on gunbroker around $700.
Ranman

swamppirate

Quote from: JUGHEAD on February 24, 2012, 01:25:59 PM
I've noticed that a couple of you guys turkey hunt with a 391 20 gauge but I can't remember who.  I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these guns to see how they felt relative to the Benelli M2, but as I understand it from reading their website....Beretta doesn't make a 20 gauge autoloader in anything but the fancy finished clay shooting guns?  Is that correct?  Or can you order whatever you want from them?  What kinds of finishes did Beretta offer when they used to offer the 20 gauge in a standard 391?  What do you guys have?  Do you guys ever run across them used as I haven't seen anything like what I'm interested in on gunbroker and I've been looking for a good while?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

If you can lay your hands on an older Franchi Black Magic in 20 ga they were sweet little guns...my father in law has one he totes for quail hunting....regards
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Longshanks

I shoot a Beretta 390, black synthetic, no shine black finish/ Hevi 13 Choke/ Fed HW 7's..turns 150's-170's @ 40 with factory ammunition. One of my favorite guns. Taking it with me this morning.  Turkeys are gobbling. Gitrdone..