OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli SBE II / Hevi 13 6's and 7's

Started by Borden811, February 24, 2012, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Here's a couple patters from my Benelli SBE II with a 26 inch barrel and a .660 Jellyhead stuffed in the front. Both patterns were shot with 2010 lot #'s and were at a measured 40 yards(120feet) from the end of the barrel.

First up the 6's coming in at 240 in the 10 at 40

And then the 7's coming in at 310 in the 10 at 40

2much2loud

Nice patterns ....looks like my benelli high and either left or right depending on the load.

bgbuck153

cannonball

MERCing

Both are nice patterns.
Looks like it may be time for some sights now.  ;)

tomanyturkeycalls

I shoot a sbe 2 and the jellyhead .660 was my first choice shooting the same shells that you are.... but my results were very different... not good at all... then I got a sumtoy choke in .650 which is putting up excellent numbers twice what I was getting out of the jellyhead..those are great patterns..

bsci21

Looks like a great pattern. Question, I have the same set up and was wondering if you ever had the POI differ from the POA. I now have a scope on mine to correct it and I 've heard that this is not unusal for the SBII's. Just curious. Love the paterns out of these guns though.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomanyturkeycalls

The POI was different than the POA  on my benlli also.... I put a set of williams firesights on mine to correct it.. I don't like scopes or red dots on my shotgun.. I like to be able to see the whole picture at once. A scope or red dot will correct this also... might want to give one a try.

Borden811

Quote from: bsci21 on February 25, 2012, 01:53:19 PM
Looks like a great pattern. Question, I have the same set up and was wondering if you ever had the POI differ from the POA. I now have a scope on mine to correct it and I 've heard that this is not unusal for the SBII's. Just curious. Love the paterns out of these guns though.

When I first got it, out of the box, it hit about a foot right, and 8 inches high. I used the shim kit to get it to hit dead on left and right, and about 4 inches high. I aim for the wattles on a turkey, instead of the head, so I can still see what I'm aiming at, instead of covering his head with the bead. The gun hits dead on, but I shot those patterns just resting on my elbow, off of a wobbly bench. If I rest it on sandbags, or my knee as I do when I'm hunting, it's hits dead on. I had a red dot on one of my turkey guns before, but didn't really care for it. I like the bead. No batteries to die, no wrong power to be set on, no hard time getting my head in the right position if I'm shooting at a weird angle. Just simple, easy and deadly

K9Doc

Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

hunter-b

turkey slayer

Borden811

Passintime