turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What was your first bow ?

Started by Fox Fire, February 21, 2011, 09:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

I guess the first one that was actually all mine was a old fiber glass Ben Pearson with a cracked limb.

The kid up the road had it and I just fell in love with that thing, I had a pair of old cowboy boots he wanted and thats all it took, done deal.   Needless to say it didnt last long but it lit the fire.

Sevral years later I took intrest in bow hunting and bought a old Browning compound, a year or so later I bought a used Browning explorer.

wildcat14

First was a Pearson Bushmaster.  First new one I got that actually fit me and stuff was a High Country Split Force.

clarksvalley

pearson must of been a good starter bow back in the day.mine was a pearson renegade and i had a cracked limb on mine.must of been a problem back then.got rid of it for a pearson spoiler.

headbanger

My first was a blue and white all fiberglass Stemmler back in '65 when I was 8. I terrorized the local bird and squirrel population. I still have that ol twisted up bow with the original string.

headbanger

Crappiepro

My first bow was a hand made recurve givin to me by my dads buddy, I was 12 and shot it for a while until the string broke LOL.  Brad.

hookedspur

Mine was a old fiber glass Ben Pearson .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drum817

I'm 42 but didn't get my first bow until 2009.  It is a Diamond Iceman....I have REALLY enjoyed shooting it.  I Purchased a Bowtech Captain last year too.  I'm enjoying being able to shoot in my back yard  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

redarrow

schuylkillspur

Bright orange fiberglass #25 I think
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

EMSDJ2

VAHUNTER

my first was a wooden recurve. it was a beautiful bow with two straight limbs. which was surprising being wood. it was a gift from my BIL . when i was 12.
Good things come to those who wait

hookedspur

Quote from: clarksvalley on February 21, 2011, 09:23:21 PM
pearson must of been a good starter bow back in the day.mine was a pearson renegade and i had a cracked limb on mine.must of been a problem back then.got rid of it for a pearson spoiler.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Boomstick

i got my first bow in 1995 when i was 11 it was an old darton compound. i used it until 2007 when i bought a bowtech general. i had to sell it because i was going across the pond, but now i have a bear truth 2
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

PANYHunter

My first bow was a old fiberglass recurve my dad had.  Not sure on the weight or anything as I was pretty young.  I got to be pretty good with it and even killed a couple woodchucks with it.  Next was a Browning Micromidas youth compound.  When I started hunting deer at 14 I got a Hoyt Raptor.  I used that until a few years ago when I got a Hoyt Vectrix.  I absolutely love this bow, shoots great and has never had a problem. 

Fox Fire

Good turn out guys, thanx for the post, its intrest'n to read'em and hear how ya'll started out.

That old bow had a nylon string that was tied at both ends to the limbs and I finally figured out it was strung backwards, but after I retied the string on teh correct side the crack got worse because of the extra tension, so I done what any red blooded american boy would do...I wrapped it in duct tape, eventualy it finaly broke in to.??two ??..too...?? oh well ya'll get it.

If memory serves me the first browning compound was a nomad, it was all wood and similar to a recurve with the limb tips sawed off and a set of wheels in ther palce.
   The explorer had the thick wooden riser with wood/fiber glass limbs, I liked the looks of the riser and the way the limbs had a slight recurve look to'em, someone had sprayed brown & green paint on it to camo it up but with some elbow grease and rub'n alcohol it came clean and looked a lot better.

Now day's I have a old Bear grizzly I traded a buddy out of and restored it and its what I shoot most, but I still have a High Country compound that I realy like, it aint new but its super quiet and light weight, only 60 pound draw wieght but I'm ok with it, my shoulders dont pop & crunch when I draw it back.