OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 with Stardot, which lead shell performs best?

Started by Philippe, February 18, 2012, 06:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Ok gents, I will have a star dot finally and i'd like to see how it patterns with lead. I prefer to shoot 3 1/2's, so what shells are performing the best with this gun/choke combo?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 18, 2012, 06:50:25 PM
Winchester Supreme 3.5" 2.25oz #6's red shells

Thank ya sir, i will have to figure out where i can find some locally.

surehuntsalot

or the "old school" Federal 3.5" 2-1/4oz 5's and 6's that my 835 and stardot loves
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TrkyHntr

My brother had a stardot in a 835 he use to have. For whatever reason, that thing patterned the win hv 3.5 2oz #4's like I've never seen. We didn't count numbers in the 10 back then, but at 40yds he had 50-60 hits in the head and neck on a turkey target. I remember one more than most that had a cluster of 14 pellets in the brain on one of the targets. I've never seen #4's pattern that good.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

TrkyHntr

By the way! If I'm not mistaken, lonnie's in Corinth, Ms had some of the old federals in the blue and gold box also. I know they had a box of the 3" 2oz #5's, but they were priced kinda high.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

Grobec1

I have a 835 with a stardot and shoot winchester supreme hv #6's. They pattern a lot better than my factory choke.

MossRem

trkehunr93

Mine liked the Win HV 3.5" 5's better than the 6's.  Going to find a box of the Sup. XX 3.5 5's and 6's to see how they do.

Reloader

My 835 does 130s with the Win HV 2oz 6s an SD.  It will occasionally give a touch better.  Pretty mean on the shoulder. 

Tom Foolery

Here is a pic of my last pattern from my 835 + StarDot and 3.5" 2oz HV Winchester #6's.

10" - 143
16" - 230
20" - 302

Wycliff