OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Think I am ready to make the plunge!

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, February 28, 2012, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

Ok guys how about some direction. I want a nef or a hr 10 gauge but finding out I can't find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction! Everywhere I have looked is out of stock online and I got a gun store trying to find one. I hate when ya want something but can't find it and of course I want one with a screw in choke system. How bout helping a fellow wanna be a 10 gauge toted out!!

Old Gobbler

Keep glued to Gunbroker and one will happen your way --  stay well clear of the fixed choke guns - look for one that the owner has put money into it like chokes etc...

you used to be able to get them for $150 , the price has shot up , with spring it could be tougher $200- $250 is the going rate
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Houndstooth Game Calls

Hey Shannon I notice the barrel on these turkey rigs are 24 inches. I am assuming the 10ga crowd is liking the length! Tell me your thoughts on your experience with the shorter lengths? Thanks for input also!!!

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on February 28, 2012, 10:56:57 PM
Hey Shannon I notice the barrel on these turkey rigs are 24 inches. I am assuming the 10ga crowd is liking the length! Tell me your thoughts on your experience with the shorter lengths? Thanks for input also!!!
I have a 23 on my sp10 , I had a extra 25" {marked as 26} by Remington and they shot the same and handled the same too  --I like to use nitro's out of this gun , I will be testing some federal #7's HW 1300 fps in about a week

Set up right they are awesome , but  a good 12 gauge can beat a poorly setup  10 all day long 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon