OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Water based 10% Permethrin

Started by decoykrvr, February 15, 2012, 12:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

Any source/trade name for water based 10% permethrin besides the DurationTM 10% Permethrin to make homemade spray.  Most of these products have a 4 year shelf life and the efficacy is relative to the date
manufactured.  A friend w/ the US Forestry Service has advised me that they require the produced date as part of their purchasing requirement
since the effectiveness drops off so significantly with age.  As opposed to ordering online, I would prefer to purchase the product off the shelf where I can check the label.

decoykrvr

I've read it numerous times, but many of the permethrin sources listed contain Piperonyl Butoxide which aren't acceptable for use on clothing.  I'm looking for a DurationTM 10% permethrin clone available at the co-op, Tractor Supply, etc., where I can look at the label.
Thanks

Gobblers_nightmare

Does anyone know if the Duration 10% makes any mention of petroleum distillates?  I've seen brands listed as water based, but they still contain petroleum distillates.
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!

whiskey

This is what I use. Mix the 8oz with 1.5 gallons water and dip my clothes. Then save the remainder for spray bottles.

The label can be viewed on the website.

http://pestcontroloutlet.com/shop-by-product-type/concentrates/permethrin-10-livestock-dog-kennel-ticks-fleas-16oz

Gobblers_nightmare

Thanks, Whiskey, looks like just the thing.
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!

Cutt

Quote from: decoykrvr on February 16, 2012, 10:05:37 AM
I've read it numerous times, but many of the permethrin sources listed contain Piperonyl Butoxide which aren't acceptable for use on clothing.  I'm looking for a DurationTM 10% permethrin clone available at the co-op, Tractor Supply, etc., where I can look at the label.
Thanks

So does anyone actually know the brand name that conatins no Piperonyl Butoxide, which is safe on clothes?

Never made my own, but would like too, but if there's a concern with not being acceptable for clothing, or no one can say which brand is positvely the one to use? I'll probably just stick to Swayers? Thanks

Cutt

Quote from: whiskey on March 24, 2012, 10:50:16 PM
This is what I use. Mix the 8oz with 1.5 gallons water and dip my clothes. Then save the remainder for spray bottles.

The label can be viewed on the website.

http://pestcontroloutlet.com/shop-by-product-type/concentrates/permethrin-10-livestock-dog-kennel-ticks-fleas-16oz

Here's what I don't understand and asked which brand is okay for clothing, as this is off this label?

If on skin • Take off contaminated clothing.
or clothing • Rinse skin immediately with
plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
• Call a poison control center or
doctor for treatment advice