OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

O NO!!! Old Lynch world champ Box call..No rubber bands

Started by ohiomossyoak, February 13, 2012, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiomossyoak

I was given a used Lynch world champion box..And being a newbie I been told to go ahead an use it till i get some experience etc..Problem is it has no rubber bands on it...Any ideas on how to tie them or use them another way??Sorry for such a dumb question 
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

WillowRidgeCalls

The will play just fine without them, the rubber bands are there to help you use the box for gobbling. They don't effect the way you play the call for hen talk.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

ohiomossyoak

The lid seems sloppy..I was thinking the bands helped that?If u bump it it makes noise...Is that right?
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)

ohiomossyoak

WillowRidgeCalls

Take a big rubberband and rap around the lid and box to keep it quiet in your vest.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

ohiomossyoak

JWC07

Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on February 14, 2012, 01:02:23 AM
Take a big rubberband and rap around the lid and box to keep it quiet in your vest.

If that don't quiet enough for you stick a business card in it before you put the rubber band on.

joshb311

You don't mean this, do you? Referring to band placement. This is a different Lynch's call.

ohiomossyoak

What about sticking my lil piece of green scratch pad in there?To help silence it?

My band system was/is supposed to be double.LIke this
[http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=300&uid=2330584265

joshb311

Quote from: ohiomossyoak on February 14, 2012, 10:05:59 PM
What about sticking my lil piece of green scratch pad in there?To help silence it?

My band system was/is supposed to be double.LIke this
[http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=300&uid=2330584265

Anything will work to silence that lid. I used a small cloth between the paddle and box when I wasn't wearing my vest which has a pocket designed to keep the paddle seperated and secured. Those bands in the pic you posted are for helping maintain the right position of the paddle when calling, just as it does on the one I have (I was told).

I think that the guys were referring to silencing the call by wrapping a band completely around the outside of the call. 

Turkey Trot

Quote from: ohiomossyoak on February 14, 2012, 12:56:30 AMGreat..How do I fix it...lol

Rubber bands are a commodity and you can find them and replace them.  Inquire to Allen Jenkins, former owner of Lynch, or the current owners of Lynch about the size of the bands.

Look up both of those companies on google and you will find pictures.  Once you know what size band,you will be able to rig them.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

joshb311

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 15, 2012, 01:09:05 PM
Quote from: ohiomossyoak on February 14, 2012, 12:56:30 AMGreat..How do I fix it...lol

Rubber bands are a commodity and you can find them and replace them.  Inquire to Allen Jenkins, former owner of Lynch, or the current owners of Lynch about the size of the bands.

Look up both of those companies on google and you will find pictures.  Once you know what size band,you will be able to rig them.

It uses a #18 rubber band available in the office supply aisle at WallyWorld.

bigdrumnc

Yoder409

Absolutely NOT.

If I took one of my Lynches to the woods, the rubber bands would be left at home.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bigdrumnc

Thanks!   There is definitely a difference in sound between the world champion and the fool proof.