OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nice 835 patterns....

Started by Reloader, February 20, 2011, 09:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

835 28" bbl Star Dot .676
40yds bbl to target
75deg slight head wind
2-1/8oz hevi 7 handloads

Shot back to back, dirty bbl(bore snaked, but not thoroughly cleaned)

I don't hunt with this gun and rarely pattern it, but it does throw a mean pattern to say the least.  Same gun that gave the 542 a couple years back with 2-1/4oz 7s. Funny thing is that's the only 2-1/4oz 7 I've shot at paper with it(until this weekend).  I don't intend to hunt with it, just use it for a pressure bbl and decided I might as well get a couple patterns in the process.

Have a good one,

Reloader

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

knightrider

GOLD HUNTER

WOW!!! LOOKS GOOD, IS THAT A 3" OR 3 1/2" .....10"  :you_rock:

brian

VAHUNTER

i think the bar has been set for handloads!!! fantastic  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Reloader

Thanks guys.  When I told Barry about it, he said you already made that choke famous and more expensive with the 542.  I told him these might make it even harder to find :D

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 20, 2011, 09:28:11 PM
WOW!!! LOOKS GOOD, IS THAT A 3" OR 3 1/2" .....10"  :you_rock:

brian

Brian,

These were 3.5" loads.  Yes, 10" I have a 10" disc made from blast mylar film.  40yds from bbl to target stand.

Ya'll have a good one,

Reloader

GOLD HUNTER

joshua

That is a swarm of pellets.  Good job.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

drum817

I don't know if that will get the job done  :-\ ....MAYBE if you had 600  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: .... J/k ....GREAT Pattern  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

VAHUNTER

Quote from: drum817 on February 21, 2011, 08:33:05 AM
I don't know if that will get the job done  :-\ ....MAYBE if you had 600  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: .... J/k ....GREAT Pattern  :icon_thumright:
now Reloader you know you just ruined a newbie with this post  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Good things come to those who wait

goblr77

Outstanding patterns. Those Star Dot chokes are awesome.

pullit

That old 835 is a sure-nuff thumper

ILIKEHEVI-13

So who wants to be a member of the 500 club?  Reloader- Well let me see I'll try 2 shots just to warm up the 835.  LOL!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Gobble!