Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

**UPDATED** 24" SuperNova / JellyHead 655 / Hevi 13 #6 3.5"

Started by rebelman, February 12, 2012, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelman

Shot today even though it was not ideal conditions. This was the first time with my new scope. I had to shoot it 15 times to get it sighted in. That was with 2.75" dove loads at 20 yards. I did not have anything to clean the barrel with but I shot a Hevi # 6 anyway.

Here is what I got. 162 in 10" circle. It appears that the the difference in shells made a difference in elevation. I'm not sure why it is left. Could have been me. I'll shoot again after cleaning and with better temps.

I accidentally wrote Mag Blend on the paper. It was a #6.

Pic of gun/choke:

UPDATED 2/26/12

I'm now satisfied.

I spent 20 minutes cleaning my barrel. Not a deep clean and did not use a drill motor. Only traditional cleaning method.

Other than that everything was similar to before.

Here is what we are testing.
24" Benelli SuperNova CLEAN BARREL
JellyHead .655 choke
40 yards/10" circle
61 degrees light head wind.

220 pellets. POA and POI is close enough for me. I dare a turkey to walk within 40 yards.

sharxfan

I have a Remington 11-87 with a 28" barrel and when I sighted in my crappy/retired red dot I started with the low power target loads and then finished with the Hevi-13. I got the exact same thing where the Hevi-13 shot higher than the sighted in target loads. I can only assume that the Hevi-13 retains more velocity and therefore does not have the same amount of drop as the target loads at the same given distance.

Even funnier I was getting about the same pellet count in the circle as you were. I lost it went I got greedy and tried to  move my pattern up two inchs to get better density in the circle and my red dot went south and totally lost the zero.

Five O

westtennhunter

I had my scope zeroed before trying hevis and it shot high and right.

turkey slayer

rebelman

Shot again today, this time with #5 Trip 13's. I had 145 in a 10 " circle. POA is still off. I'll shoot again tomorrow.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

pa b0whunt3r

Nitro ammo says on their website that with the supernova and the .655 jellyhead with their ammo their getting 230-270 bb's in a 10" circle at 40 yds.

rebelman

bird

Personally I think your too tight on your choke. I really think you need to back it off to .665 or .670

gersus

Nice numbers! I have the exact same gun but not getting those numbers yet. Your scope looks great on there!