OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

bps 10?

Started by Rockhound, February 12, 2012, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Anybody shoot a pure gold or indian creek choke? im looking for some ideas and what about the federal flight wad control shells?

I hate turkeys

I shot the standard lead with the Flight control wad and a Trulock choke but got better results with an Indian Creek choke, Hevy 13's and the old Remington green shells HTL
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

gobbler74

Right now..the choke I'd like to see made for the HW 10 doesnt exist. Ive asked about it but no luck in getting one yet. Slow market I guess.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SKFOOTER

Just what would that choke be, Jim??

Rockhound

Quote from: gobbler74 on February 16, 2012, 11:42:27 AM
Right now..the choke I'd like to see made for the HW 10 doesnt exist. Ive asked about it but no luck in getting one yet. Slow market I guess.
ditto

nflorek

I don't know of any choke made for the FC wad but i have an IC .710 and shoot the 2.5oz. nitro's 7's and am very happy with that setup

gobbler74

Quote from: nflorek on February 17, 2012, 12:12:45 AM
I don't know of any choke made for the FC wad but i have an IC .710 and shoot the 2.5oz. nitro's 7's and am very happy with that setup
Yes it does, that is a good combo. I shoot that with a .690 IC,  but he asked about Heavyweight and chokes. Indian Creek says NO FCW on the website.

I want a .685 2" xtended non ported for the heavyweight.  that diameter is very successful with nitro 7's or should we say 7.5's but anyway the FCW can be choked. I have my best patterns in a 12 from a non ported .650. An extended choke just works great with that load. I just believe that a .685  would be bad medicine with HW from other 7 tests Ive done.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

eight bore

Maybe Sumtoy would make up a choke for what you want ?
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Sold my 10 gauge it was too heavy