turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

straighten it out?

Started by 4nolz2, February 10, 2012, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

I have an sp-10 that always has shot to the left 6" at 40 yards-is this something that can be corrected by a gunsmith? As is I allow for it but would rather correct it if possible-I have heard of such services to center patterns but have no knowledge of it.Can it be done? If so any recommendations?

4nolz2

4nolz2

numerous chokes-the pattern master centered "better" but held a poor pattern so it wasnt an option.

runngun

Play with the magazine cap, tighten it a hard as you can, shoot it then back it off a few clicks and see if it changes. This has worked for me in the past.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

SKFOOTER

You can also try an adjustable rear sight.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 10, 2012, 09:14:51 AM
I have an sp-10 that always has shot to the left 6" at 40 yards-is this something that can be corrected by a gunsmith? As is I allow for it but would rather correct it if possible-I have heard of such services to center patterns but have no knowledge of it.Can it be done? If so any recommendations?
I got a sp 10 that shoots 3 inches to the left - it is due primarily to a slightly crooked shotgun rib - look at your and see if it is the case also - sometimes a misaligned {off center}factory choke installation will throw your shot off, I have seen some barrels that threw a foot to the side because of this   

If it were me and you gun shoots good and you don't want to mess with the barrel , I would see about adjustable sights or if you like the beads the mid bead can be re installed to the side a slight tad and this could counter it
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

4nolz2

I bought a Williams firesite and mounted it.Using Boff's method for siteing (on the resources here) I dialed it in and feel better about it now.Thanks!