OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone turkey hunt with a golf cart?

Started by handcannon, February 07, 2012, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handcannon

Just curious how many folks here use a golf cart to get around and cover more ground. I myself think that its the best investment I made a few years ago next to a gun and calls. If you got one, post up some pictures of it. I love seeing hunting buggies.

Here's mine. It's an '03 Club Car

Gobble!

Been looking for one. I will have one for next year.

njdevilsb

People look at me funny when I strap my gun to this.  

Flydown

Quote from: njdevilsb on February 07, 2012, 07:03:39 PM

:TooFunny: I don't blame them!!!  :TooFunny:

gotcha

Used Bad Boys and Club Car,really impressed with both.Way better than 4 wheelers in my opinion,but you are limited in where they will go.The battery life was good,even in NW Nebraska in some rugged country.

mountman62

Travis, i missed out on a good buy on an 04 last week, was working days and couldn't get over there, looking for one for the wife around the house with her prosthetic leg and brace on the other one, she wants one to ride to see the grandson, but could also use it for turkey hunting, but on our club i can walk the whole thing easily
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: njdevilsb on February 07, 2012, 07:03:39 PM

:TooFunny:
Yep I got one of them too.. I get it all on there blind,vest,gun
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

handcannon

Quote from: mountman62 on February 07, 2012, 10:24:47 PM
Travis, i missed out on a good buy on an 04 last week, was working days and couldn't get over there, looking for one for the wife around the house with her prosthetic leg and brace on the other one, she wants one to ride to see the grandson, but could also use it for turkey hunting, but on our club i can walk the whole thing easily

Maybe once all the deer and turkey hunting is over, there may be some carts rigged out come up for sale. I'm sure she will get a lot of use out of it as well as yourself. I usually get on mine every day. I drive mine all over the little town we live in (it's little guys) and we just enjoy taking evening rides down some of the backroads too. I'll never go without one again.

JELLYHEAD

Imaginative manurfacturing makes a 4wd conversion for clubcars, its a polaris 4x4 4wheeler frontend I think. the sky is the limit on these things. You could build a cart lots cheeper than ready built rigs. Who has the time though when you could be making turkey calls!

pullit

I built one up a couple of years ago but have not hunted out of it. If I go with a buddy to his lease I will carry it as it is about 1800 acres and the birds are spread out. Here are a couple of pic's of the before, during, and after the build.

I put the winch on after the completed photo was made

honker22

sweet rig pullit!  I bought a Bad Boy a couple years ago when they had the 5K federal government rebate on them.  Mr Obama thinks that I went green with my street legal Bad Boy.  Thanks Mr Pres
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Beretta686

I had a bad Boy up until a two months ago. It was a love hate relationship. I was glad to see her go. I will have another brand soon though.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

turkey slayer

handcannon

Quote from: JELLYHEAD on February 08, 2012, 12:10:52 AM
Imaginative manurfacturing makes a 4wd conversion for clubcars, its a polaris 4x4 4wheeler frontend I think. the sky is the limit on these things. You could build a cart lots cheeper than ready built rigs. Who has the time though when you could be making turkey calls!

I looked at that conversion. It looks like the same unit they put on the Stealth 4x4. I really havent been in a situation where I needed a 4WD. The couple times I have been stuck was because of being high centered. Hopefully this summer, I plan on doing some motor/controller upgrades to it just to get a little more torque out of it and possibly a little more speed.

ncturkey