turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Official Spur Collected Contest Entries

Started by davisd9, January 27, 2012, 11:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

This thread is just for the photos and scores of our official entries.  Please keep all congratulations and stories of the hunts in the Spur Collected Story thread.  When you enter a bird make sure you have all the measurements and the correct pictures posted.  If you kill another bird that is larger than just make sure you post that it is an upgrade for your bird.  Thanks!

Here is a link from last year's official entry board in case someone would like an example of how or what to post in the official entry of a bird(s):

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,4355.0.html
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

WEIGHT - 18.4
BEARD - 9 3/8
LEFT - 1 1/8
RIGHT - 1

TOTAL -58.4

All measurements were taken to the best of my ability and in the presence of two other members of the site davisd9 and erf.  If a moderators feels it is need to adjust the score, please feel free do to so.

davisd9

Left Spur:

Right Spur:

Beard:

If any of the measurements look off to a mod then please feel free to adjust.  Erf from the A Team was present and can verify, my team member dirt road ninja was present also.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

Turkeykiller12

I got all these measurements to the best of my ability. If anyone doesn't agree with my score just adjust it however it should be. Thanks for letting me play. I have 18 lbs 15oz weight, 8 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/16" spurs for both sides. Total score 58.1875 I used the old gobbler scoring tool. Let me know if I done something wrong.

davisd9

Quote from: Canyonhunter on March 25, 2012, 05:58:51 PM
I got all these measurements to the best of my ability. If anyone doesn't agree with my score just adjust it however it should be. Thanks for letting me play. I have 18 lbs 15oz weight, 8 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/16" spurs for both sides. Total score 58.1875 I used the old gobbler scoring tool. Let me know if I done something wrong.

What you have on your score sheet is the correct score.  Must have accidently hit the 8 button  on your last post instead of 7.  Your score is: 57.1875, I know how tired one can be after a hunt. GREAT BIRD, Congratulations!

Turkeykiller12

I got these measurements as good as I could, I stopped by my dads and helped me with the pictures and measurements. If anyone sees anything wrong with my measurement change it to what it needs to be. I have a weight of 22 lbs, left spur 1 1/4", right spur 1 3/16", beard 11 1/16" for a total score of 68.5

Bustabeak

Weight 20.3 LBS
Left Spur: .875
Right Spur: .8125
Beard: 10-1/8"
Total: 57.425

Let me know if anything looks off. I calculated it by the gobbler scoring calculator on the site.

davisd9

Scale pictures:

Beard pictures:

Left Spur:

Right Spur:

Picture with score sheet:

Score:  19.75 lbs + 10.625 beard + 1.0625 Left Spur + .9375 Right Spur = 61

If any of the measurements look off to a mod then please feel free to adjust.  C J Stahly was present during scoring.

boomer

davisd9

Scale pictures:

Beard Pictures:

Left Spur:

Right Spur:

Picture with Score Sheet (did not know score at the time because I did not have access to calculator):

Bird and Me:

Score: 19 lbs + 1.25 Left Spur + 1.25 Right Spur + 11.25 beard = 66.5

Measurements were done to the best of my ability.  Most of the pictures were taken by myself so please understand if there looks like a miscalculation.  Mods feel free to make adjustments if needed.  Thanks!

trkehunr93

First I want to say thanks to Donald for his help with getting these pics up.  Here is my entry from VA's opener:

Scale Picture:

Beard Picture:

Left Spur:

Right Spur:

Picture of Score Sheet:

Picture of my son, the bird, and me:

Score: 20.25 lbs + 10.25" beard + 1" right spur + 1" left spur = 60.75

Measurements were done to the best of my ability. Mods feel free to make adjustments if needed.  Thanks!

[/quote]

WNY Bowhunter

Weight = 20 lb, 15 oz (20. 9375)

Beard = 10.0" (longest strand)

Spurs = both are 7/8" (0.875)

Score = 58.4375

Hopefully, I can kill a bigger one here in NY.  :icon_thumright:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

tcook7

4/19/12

17.68 lbs.