turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strikers

Started by bunk, January 25, 2012, 05:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

I know there's allot of talk about custom calls on here. I usually use the strikers that come with the call but I was wondering what some of yalls favorite custom strikers are and who made them.

scoot12

Neal Hermann makes a great striker,  I have a yellowheart which he engraved,  a cocobola and a persimmon.  They sell them on Hooks Calls website now.  Scoot

gobblingghost

Harold Fowler I could not pick a favorite depends on the day.

hunter22

I have well over 300 strikers and my favorites were made by West Augusta (Steve Torman) and Harold Fowler.

scoot12

Yeah I forgot about Steve Tormans strikers,  I have a dogwood that makes about any call sing.  Scoot

Longbeardfever4ever

A lot of the guys on here will make you a goodun! I have some available at the moment; if you're interested pm me.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Cut*N*Run

I usually make my own, but I like padauk, curly maple, and koa on any surface.

I have a grapefruit striker from Andy Kaiser that is awesome and a kingwood one from Mitch Rivers that I love too.

misfire

If I am not using my own, there is only one other that is in my vest, Harold Fowler. He makes a good un and is a great man
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Jbird22

I really like Lightsout and Dad's when it comes to strikers.

CASH

Lightsout Diamondwood
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TarheelTurk

I'm still working at turning our own. But in the two piece I am loving the Tulipwood. I have also fell in love w/ the ivory tipped strikers that pappy made for me ! (thanks PAppy!!) I want to get one of the Lights Out dymond wood strikers also along w/ one of Wendell's calls and a few others on here too!!!!!  Each person on here makes some unique calls and strikers as well.
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Ocoee Ridge Runner

What Harold Fowler sounds good on crystal and aluminum. Looking for some new strikers.

Gobble Nole

Lights out Diamondwood or Purple Heart