OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Special request African Blackwood and buffalo horn

Started by merocustomcalls, January 24, 2012, 01:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merocustomcalls

Had a special request for a trumpet made from African Blackwood but with a more traditional turpin style look.  The buyer also wanted the mouthpiece to be made from buffalo horn.  This is the first time I've use buffalo horn but not the last.  After anxiously waiting for the horn to arrive in the mail I turned it up yesterday.  It's a little more dulling on my chisels than delrin but makes for a very nice mouthpiece. 

Thanks for looking.

Brian Mero

savduck

GAME ON.

Ive been waiting for you to start with the horn and ivory.

Give me a month or so for some tax money......I want this same design trumpet with ivory or buff horn and ambonya wood. Ill get with you on it in a few weeks.

Beautiful. Way to take the next step. I think you should offer this design in addition to your standard. I LOVE this call.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

VanHelden Game Calls

How can you not like it. :icon_thumright:

But I can't say I love the new look  "corrected"  I still love the old style ;D

Jacobson

Brian, The trumpet looks awesome. The sound is what makes a Mero, not the look. This trumpet is for killing Turkeys.           Chris

North of 8

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Quote from: Jacobson on January 24, 2012, 02:46:41 PM
Brian, The trumpet looks awesome. The sound is what makes a Mero, not the look. This trumpet is for killing Turkeys.           Chris

I SECOND THAT!!!! :newmascot:

gobbler336

Quote from: savduck on January 24, 2012, 01:25:20 PM
GAME ON.

Ive been waiting for you to start with the horn and ivory.

Give me a month or so for some tax money......I want this same design trumpet with ivory or buff horn and ambonya wood. Ill get with you on it in a few weeks.

Beautiful. Way to take the next step. I think you should offer this design in addition to your standard. I LOVE this call.

whoa whoa, i think i have spoken for  the first ivory trumpet several months ago.

turkey slayer

savduck

Quote from: VanHelden Game Calls on January 24, 2012, 02:43:55 PM
How can you not like it. :icon_thumright:

But I can't say I love it.  Not only do your trumpets have killer sound.  But had a killer shape.  A call you can tell is a MERO.... This style is a little lost in the trumpet world with the "turpin" look.

You can tell its a Mero. Always good to have a new product. Im digging it.
Georgia Boy

North of 8

:z-winnersmiley:

Hey guys, Brian just stopped by and I played and idolized this new caller. I can say WOW!!!! Beautiful simple design, great tone and the typical EX play that Brian's calls are known for. He is on the way to post office with it.

First Ivory call........ :z-guntootsmiley: :lol:

Basser69

Great looking call Brian.....And if y'all two want to bicker about who gets the first ivory call, I will solve the problem and step up to the plate and take it!

merocustomcalls

Thanks for the compliments guys and just to clear the air, Gobbler336 did already put in an order for my first Ivory call several months ago.  I did get some Ivory in the mail along with the buffalo horn.  Stay tuned, you'll see it when I get it done.

Brian

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

savduck

Quote from: merocustomcalls on January 24, 2012, 06:14:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys and just to clear the air, Gobbler336 did already put in an order for my first Ivory call several months ago.  I did get some Ivory in the mail along with the buffalo horn.  Stay tuned, you'll see it when I get it done.

Brian

Ill take number 2 then.
Georgia Boy

callmakerman