OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I love a box call in the woods. Videos included

Started by drenalinld, January 23, 2012, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Here is my favorite box call. It is a butternut/walnut prestige grade Albert Paul short box that my wife had made for me on my 30th birthday in 04'. It is amazing. I will have another one or two from him one day. Here is a youtube clip I made of me running it in the woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pazbDAd8Ko&feature=g-upl&context=G2bef61aAUAAAAAAAAAA

Here is another great box call. Doug camp cedar/poplar short box I bought from him a few years before he died. This thing has an awesome high pitch front end with a nasty rasp on the back end. Turkeys love to gobble at this bad boy. This is how it sounds in the woods for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qoeAepiacs&feature=g-upl&context=G2f05d47AUAAAAAAABAA

cannonball

Both those boxes sound great! I love the tone of the Camp box. :icon_thumright:

drenalinld

I'm gonna be lost without em this Spring. My goal is to kill em with scratch boxes, tube calls, and trumpets!!

vaturkey

That's some mighty fine sounding box calls you've got there David !  Well Done !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

hunter22

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

savduck

David thats some fine sounding box calls.

What scratch box did you end up getting?
Georgia Boy

T-Dub

You're great at running both of those calls. Both sound terrific but that Doug Camp call is down right sick!(In a good way) I've been a fan of Mr. Camp since I read his book, Turkey Hunting Spring and Fall. A friend of mine, who is not a turkey hunter, gave the book to me as a joke.
Mr. Camp appeared to be a fine man. I'm glad I got to hear one of his calls.
Thanks! :icon_thumright:

drenalinld

Thanks, T-dub. That camp is the best money I ever spent. It was less than $30. In my family we have about ten Camp short boxes and they are all golden. He was a great guy as many on here will attest. He also made a great long box that I regretfully never bought. I will find one some day.

savduck

David......Im gonna have to rub it in then. Doug Camp Screaming Hen. I miss that man. I spent a lot of time at his booth over the years. This was one of his last screaming hens ever made. There is a story behind this box, it has great sentimental value to me. One of my favorites of my collection. I wish i could run them like you though.

Georgia Boy

drenalinld

That thing is awesome, Del! I could learn a thing or two from you on the long box. I have let a few screamin hens get by me on ebay lately. One of these days soon I will bite the bullet for one or three.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey