turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help Me Pick Out My Newest Addition!!

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 17, 2012, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Decided to add to my ever growing arsenal of calls again this year. This time i have a nice custom box call in mind. I've noticed some favorites on this board are Albert Paul, SScustoms, and tim bullock. Any reviews on these or other good quality custom boxes? By the way, looking in the price range of 100 to 120. Thanks.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

TRKYHTR

I think all 3 of those are very good options. I have boxes from all 3. You might also look into Marin Watikins. His boxes are also top notch.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

scoot12

Jerry Zebro for a short box,  he has won many awards with his boxes and $40 for a glued box and Scott Hembrook who goes by WillowRidgeCalls on this forum.  I believe his Gibson boxes are $60- $75 but I am not sure.  They will really reach out there on those windy days.  Scoot

woodwzrd

Jeff McKamey and Scott Witter are two more really good box call makers. They both build purebred turkey killers. Scott's boxes house some of the best art work you will find out there.

trb136

There are lots of Great Box Callmakers on this and other forums...If you ever want to hear any of my calls jus gimme a call...be glad to run em for ya...
Tim

merocustomcalls

At the Midwest Competition I played most every box call from guys like; Jerry Zebro, Jeff McKamey, Terry Baker, Tim Bullock, and I liked all of them. 

ol bob

silverspur

In additon to the ones you listed in your post (All great callmakers) I would include some of the PA callmaker .   Scott Basehore, Mike Lapp, Ed Terefenko
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

pappy

You want an established call maker's box? Pick up a Marlin Watkins....long box for sure.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

barry

With all the fine callmakers on here you could close your eyes and choose one and still not go wrong!

willy8457

trb136

Quote from: barry on January 18, 2012, 05:30:06 PM
With all the fine callmakers on here you could close your eyes and choose one and still not go wrong!
I totally agree Barry  Jus close you eyes and pick one from that list you cant go wrong!!

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for all the replies and advice everybody. After much thought I'm leaning towards an Albert Paul, but keep the suggestions coming!
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

North of 8

Quote from: scoot12 on January 17, 2012, 11:44:47 PM
Jerry Zebro for a short box,  he has won many awards with his boxes and $40 for a glued box and Scott Hembrook who goes by WillowRidgeCalls on this forum.  I believe his Gibson boxes are $60- $75 but I am not sure.  They will really reach out there on those windy days.  Scoot

I ASSURE YOU, JERRY ZEBRO'S CALLER ARE THE BEST CALLERS I EVER DID PLAY IN THE PRICE RANGE YOU ARE WANTING. I HAVE SOME 3000 + CALLERS AND JERRY'S CALLS ARE TRUE ALL TURKEY. JERR HAS WON THE MIDWEST NATIONAL 3 YEARS IN A ROW FOR BEST HUNTING DIVISION BOX CALLS. HIS CALLS ARE BETTER THAN MANY $200 TO $500 CALLERS.

:z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: