North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New to OG and turkey hunting!

Started by frogfish, January 14, 2012, 12:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frogfish

Hey all!

My name is Santosh and I am from central NC (Durham). I am an avid fisherman and bowhunter, but have always wanted to give turkey hunting a shot. Well, this spring will be my first year turkey hunting and I cannot wait. I just picked up a Mossberg 535, and also ordered a Bushnell 1.5-4x32 Trophy XTR scope. Also picked up a primos jackpot slate and glass call...now looking for a good mouth call to also start practicing on!

Hope to learn a lot on here!!!

-Santosh

frogfish

Oops, just realized there is an introduction section above...

Mods can you please move the thread? sorry...

customgunsocks

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Crutch

:welcomeOG:

You will learn here.  If you think it's a rush waiting on a whitetail to take another step, wait till a nice long beard hollers at you and is looking for you.  Your blood will boil.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Basser69

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Ol'Mossy

spurman

:hello99: Welcome Santosh, if you like talking turkey, you came to the right place. A lot of combined turkey hunting knowledge on this site. Good luck and safe hunting.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

frogfish

awesome thanks guys! Gots lots of reading to do...some great threads on this site for sure!

boomer

GobblerChaser

Welcome aboard. Settle in and have fun. Lots of good advice is available, so just ask.

Safe and Happy Hunting!

Follow me on twitter @GobblerChaser.

turkey slayer