OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

is it normal to hear the shutter go off on ur game camera ?

Started by archery1, January 11, 2012, 10:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archery1

i had a older stealth cam with flash and it did its job over the years.. so this last year i decided to get another game camera that was ir.. so i decided to get a primos truth cam 46.. it took nice pics in daylight and night time.. batteries held up in cold an hot weather... only complaint was it took pics of the deer when they were coming outta woods..and a minute or so later.. i had pics of ears ,eyeballs,noses etc. the deer could hear the shutter.. so i decided to listen for myself.. yep,,, u could hear the shutter when it would take pics... is this normal ??????? i read reviews from bass pro or cabelas ,.,.not sure which one.. but a couple of people said the same thing.. the deer would hear shutter and come investigate it.. i had some real nice pics of ears and noses.. it did reach out there about 35 yards and take pics of deer at night.. trigger was real slow.. it said 1 sec.. not true... i had alot of pics of ends of deer.. not planning on buying another truth cam.. kinda looking at the moultrie.. budget is around 100.00
thanks for everyones input on this
Take a kid hunting

dirt road ninja

I can hear the shutter on the old I-40's -- I never had the feeling that it botherd the deer. Those older cameras were great.

I have a few of the I-80's Nice camera, fair battery life, OK trigger speed, good range day/night, good motion area, and very few white outs. I paid about 130 buck for the ones I have and would recommend them. They seem to out perform my Bushnell trophy cams and for less money. Moultrie customer service is not very good.

archery1

ended up taking it back,... got pics of deer an a min. later thyen i got eyes,ears,,noses.. they heard shutter from atleast 20yards away... very noisy and will be looking at another brand
Take a kid hunting

afoshie

bushnell is they way to go. 200 in mine and will take 6500 pics on a card and the batteries have been in it since last christmas.