Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 1/06/2012 "Are You Stupid?"

Started by BOFF, January 05, 2012, 10:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

In my earlier years, unfortunately, I was stupid. I was determined to set out to prove myself, do things my way, and my way only, and unwilling to listen. Oh, I proved myself, I proved I was stubborn, irrational, and immature.

However, in the frequent mistakes I made, and the persistent help, and love of parents, and friends, I learned my way wasn't always the best way.

In Proverbs 12:1, we read:

1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
   but whoever hates correction is stupid.

Being  typical males, it's often hard for us to listen to others, and take correction. Especially when it's coming from those who love us, or at least it is for me. I've learned though, to remind myself, these are people who love me, and want the best for me, put down the defensiveness, the pride, and listen.

Have you had correction lately? What about the Holy Spirit's correction? Is there something you refuse to listen to, and you continue to try it your way?

Maybe it's time to listen, and follow the correction.

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of my closed ears, stubbornness, and set ways. Help us to listen, and follow through with your guidance, whether it be through friends, family, or the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for your love, grace, mercy, and salvation through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

gobble157

Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

Roostem33

Been there and done that!! Great lesson David!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)