OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting Trooper Shoots Woman

Started by CASH, January 02, 2012, 04:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Yet another "accidental" shooting by a hunter.  This time it was an off duty Mass. state trooper.  He said he mistook the woman's dogs tails for deer.

As I always say, there is no excuse to not be sure of your target.  I definitely hold a law enforcement officer to a higher standard in this kind of case.

This is just piss poor.

http://news.yahoo.com/hunting-mass-trooper-accidentally-shoots-woman-220641944.html
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hookedspur

Huh ??? No Charges ??? Will he not face Mass wildlife charges ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

stone road turkey calls

Hell no he wont face charges, they have a licence to kill.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Old Gobbler

Hope he has a good lawyer , he is going to need it -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tail Feathers

I can assure he has training that says don't shoot until you are sure of your target.
Idiocy abounds over something so common as a deer.  Sheesh! :angry9:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gobble!

Gobblestopper

Dog tails = a deer?

I can only hope his next DA move won't be:

Pair of black gloves = brandishing two pistols

Hognutz

That is scary!! Talk about knowing better.. This guy is a menace to society and should not be allowed to carry a gun, Period..'Nuff said..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

cannonball

CB on the run

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on January 02, 2012, 05:44:31 PM
Easy there guy, your statement is out of line.  There are many law enforcement officers on here and none of us have a license to kill.  We all hope for a thorough investigation.

CB

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: CB on the run on January 03, 2012, 07:30:47 AM
Quote from: stone road turkey calls on January 02, 2012, 05:44:31 PM
Easy there guy, your statement is out of line.  There are many law enforcement officers on here and none of us have a license to kill.  We all hope for a thorough investigation.

CB
that,s funny, they will treat this like he spilt milk on the floor. he needs to get a new job cleaning it up.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Woodsman4God

gobbler74

State might not press charges but family members can still tear some *A* In the case of shooting at a dogs tail..causing injury to a human..wth? See below. This happened here at home. uh 10 years to this guy...

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/302672
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Eric Gregg

My dad, who was in law enforcement, really taught me how to handle a gun properly in regards to safety and self defense. He never taught to shoot without knowing what you are actually shooting at and what is actually beyond the intended target.  With that being sad, this incident is not a reflection on any one else in law enforcment but a reflection on an individual that was an idiot.

We all hope that justice will be rightfully served and that we all can take personal inventory to make sure that we all handle firearms with the respect they deserve.
I thank God for our law enforcement and military and those especially that conduct themselves as trained professionals.