turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New

Started by JT, December 22, 2011, 11:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

First off hi to yall. Im new to turkey hunting and just starting to pick up some gear. I have a 5 year old I'm wanting to get into hunting. I'm looking to get some experience in before we start going together. I live in Huntsville Al. Any help I can get from this forum is greatly appreciated. I have an 835 any pointers towards a good choke and shells to use? Plus any suggestions toward hunting clubs or good public land to hunt? TIA
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Basser69

:hello99: :welcomeOG: from just south of B'ham!

Flydown

:welcomeOG: From Moundville,AL

:wagon:                          :bike2:                                      :emoticon-cartoon-012:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

:welcomeOG: :wagon: Enjoy your stay..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

dirt road ninja

:wagon:

Enjoy your stay here.

JT

Thanks for the welcome

Woodsman4God

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Eric Gregg

Quote from: JT on December 22, 2011, 11:24:12 PM
First off hi to yall. Im new to turkey hunting and just starting to pick up some gear. I have a 5 year old I'm wanting to get into hunting. I'm looking to get some experience in before we start going together. I live in Huntsville Al. Any help I can get from this forum is greatly appreciated. I have an 835 any pointers towards a good choke and shells to use? Plus any suggestions toward hunting clubs or good public land to hunt? TIA

Boy have you picked the right place to get info! Glad to have you on board.
:welcomeOG: :OGani: :fud: :newmascot:

Gobblestopper

:welcomeOG:

Welcome to OG from a fellow 835 shooter.  Just pack a lunch, type 835 into the search tool, sit back, and enjoy.

Seems to me from what I have seen on here the Pure Gold .670 is probably one of the chokes of choice for the 835, but there are also a lot of other chokes people are using that throw some great patterns as well.  Lots of good patterns being posted with Hevi-13 #6, #7 and Magblend loads but of course there are other options if $$ is of no concern.         

cannonball

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

willy8457

Sully53