turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

25 years

Started by frank1969, February 17, 2011, 07:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1969

yes i have been slingen lead that long i have seen big improvements over the years. the man that mentord me used a 410 he taught me to bring them in close and make clean kills i use a 20 a 12 and my fav is a sp10 and i have never shot heavy loads that is to each there own so i guess in a lead head and im groomen my 10 year old the same way i was and he has got 2 long beards last season one in ohio and pa with my 11 87 yputh 20 ic choke with win xx mag #5

knightrider

im nocking on your heels ive got in 21 years this season will make 22 :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

jakesdad

I to am a leadhead.2 of the best turkeys hunters I know shoot lead.One is a disabled man who shoots a Ithaca mag10 and shoots lead.This guy could out wait a stump,he's killed tons of birds.Another is big enough to play linebacker for a D 1 college and he shoots a fixed full choke browning 20 gauge.He also has killed lots of turkeys.I am not knocking the HTL loads,they are awesome,just dont seem to fit me for some reason.I guess I'm already set in my old ways at the ripe old age of 40.I'll probably try some HTL someday,but will ALWAYS have lead on stock for sure.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

frank1969

guys im not or never will knock the htl loads im just old school and
dont like change and my mentor jim would be proud that i still hunt the way he tought me to respect the wild turkey and i still learn somthimg new from mr old tom every year

BrowningGuy88

Well I just turned 22 and I have been slinging lead for 16 turkey seasons. I don't plan on changing unless they outlaw lead. I enjoy being in the woods and let more walk than I kill. I shoot #5's in my 20 with a .555 choke and have killed 'em out to 47 yards with that. I can't see shooting one no further on purpose no matter what I am slinging at him.

Daman

dawei

Quote from: frank1969 on February 17, 2011, 07:25:19 PM
yes i have been slingen lead that long i have seen big improvements over the years. the man that mentord me used a 410 he taught me to bring them in close and make clean kills i use a 20 a 12 and my fav is a sp10 and i have never shot heavy loads that is to each there own so i guess in a lead head and im groomen my 10 year old the same way i was and he has got 2 long beards last season one in ohio and pa with my 11 87 yputh 20 ic choke with win xx mag #5
Well I've got that beat by two decades. :o I've been slingin' lead since 1964. Let's see ifin' my cipherin' is correct, that's going on 47 years. ;D

(I'll be slinging lead this spring too!) ;)

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

hookedspur

Quote from: frank1969 on February 17, 2011, 07:25:19 PM
:you_rock: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions