OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hevi6 pattern

Started by LBSS, December 01, 2011, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSS

@ 40 yards 111 hits with .7000.

LBSS

Its 1 3/4 oz.  Gonna try my briley lightModified in a 30"

gobble157

You shooting ducks or turkeys with this load? Looks nice.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

LBSS

Well I thought about using it for both but ill just use it for ducks and buy magblends for turkeys

surehuntsalot

ought to do the job for a hunting pattern
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SLAYER

Nice pattern. I looked at these shells they are on sale at Mid south shooters supply. It would be about half the price of the turkey loads, since you get 10 in a box. Thought about buying a box and trying them through a .675 hastings choke that I have. I used to shoot Federal 2.25 oz. #6's out of this choke. Do you think it would be safe to squeeze 1.75 oz. of hevi #6's through the .675 ?

eight bore

Hey Slayer,
                    Your choke i believe was a lead only choke  Before Hevi shot ?
It sure sounds tempting, i might try it if it is made out of steel.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

bsci21

not bad for an ole quacker shell.

SLAYER

Yeah it does say lead shot only, but it was made before heavy shot was even around and I think they are refering to No Steel shot . Heavy shot , I believe supposed to be safe in most all chokes. I used to shoot a 2.25 oz. of lead #6's and I think a 1.75 oz. load of Hevi would probably be safe. Hastings made chokes you could buy for around $25 a piece 17-4 steel I believe. The 10 ga offerings went from .675 - .700 If I remember correctly. I have a Hastings .650 that patterns good with the Old Federal premium 2 oz.#5's for a Rem 12ga. That was back when you could kill Turkeys with Lead.