turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody paint their guns?

Started by Ruger M77, November 20, 2011, 04:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruger M77

Im giving my 870 a face lift i put a shur shot stock on it and was thinking about getting it dipped but to save money i might just paint it myself. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on doing it. I'd also like to see some pictures of painted guns thanks
I eat therefore I hunt

gob09

ggod luck with that,
i've always been scared to do it but i bet someone on here has done it with good results
i know theres a lot of prep involved to get a good paint job on anything though

gob09

hey jeremy good to to see you those are some awesome looking guns

bunk

I'm wanting to do the same thing to my 870. Here are some pics of painted guns I got from another site. The bottom one is just a tan base cote with twigs and grass held over it while spraying different colors. I did a trail cam like that and it turned out good. Just got to get up the nerve to do my gun.

drenalinld

Here is a link to a thread where a member painted his 870. I though it turned out great!!
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,10950.0.html

gatrkyhntr70

Heres one I painted over the summer; I basically followed how these duck huners did their guns as far as the prep goes. Most important part IMO is take every precaution in the prep work and take your time and not rush it. I took about 3 weeks giving everthing time to dry good. Heres the link:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36000
Heres the pics of mine and my sons 20 ga. I painted a few years ago; Its holdig up real well.

His is on the right, It hides better than the factory dipped gun!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gob09

painted a 10/22 this evening will post pics in the am if i dont work i think it is awesome for my first one

BOFF

Quote from: Ruger M77 on November 20, 2011, 04:30:25 PM
Im giving my 870 a face lift i put a shur shot stock on it and was thinking about getting it dipped but to save money i might just paint it myself. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on doing it. I'd also like to see some pictures of painted guns thanks

Here's my thread on the M2 and the paint job: http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,3212.0.html

God Bless,
David B.

Ruger M77

Thanks guys those are some good looking guns.Now i just have to figure out which method i wanna use.
I eat therefore I hunt

gob09

mightyjoeyoung

My Mossy 835 thumbhole.  Basic 3 color sniper pattern in tan, OD green and black.  Not near as pretty as Jeremy's but if you set it down and forget where you laid it, you could lose it...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

anthonyjhallen

I always use a mesh laundry bag when I paint mine.  Just tape everything off and put a base coat down then lay the bag over and paint through the bag. 

All the cool kids are doing it.

unclerick

Wow them are some nice camo jobs guys, look great.

Wes that old 10-22 is awesome, you did good on it, I think I may have a winter project for.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

BHMTitan

I did this to the black replacement stock on my A5 this past summer; pretty happy with the results.

gob09