turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good or bad trade??

Started by lmbhngr, November 16, 2011, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbhngr

Been wanting to buy the new hoyt carbon element with the rkt cams. Guy offered to trade my pre 64 winchester 30/06 model 70 featherlight. I know that bow isn`t going to hold the value like the rifle but I never shoot the thing.  ??? ??? ???

drenalinld

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

nannas guide

I don't know why I even checked out this post, but I say keep the rifle. A pre 64 Winchester will continue to increase in value. The bow goes for about $1300 in the local shop near me. Next year same time they will still have 2 or 3 that they will offer for around $1000. The next year it will be down to $800 to $900 and still essentially brand new.
Investment wise keep the rifle!!!!
Now if you have your heart set on the bow, then I guess get the bow.
I shoot traditional, and traditional bows hold their value and will continue to hold their value. Besides, they're more pleasing to the eye.
There are two types of hunters; normal hunters and turkey hunters.

VAHUNTER

since Winchester changed hands the value of the older guns have went through the roof. that being said...... do what feels right to you
Good things come to those who wait

redarrow

Quote from: VAHUNTER on December 07, 2011, 05:36:13 AM
since Winchester changed hands the value of the older guns have went through the roof. that being said...... do what feels right to you
Keep the Winchester. Find another way to buy the bow.

pabossie255

I got the new Vector turbo with rkt and am selling a lot of stuff to get it but its a great bow and I am a bow hunter only and am getting rid of my guns wort it to me.

paradis1142

No way I would trade a pre-64 Winnie for any bow out there.  In three years that rifle will be worth more than it is now and that bow wont be worth $400.

ohiomossyoak

It will be worth more then 400$ in 3 years..But I bet its still lost 50% of original cost...I say keep the rifle..I am not impressed with the RKT or last years fuel cams..Now if you took that fancy carbon bow an put hoyts z3 cam system from a few years back on there..I would be very pleased with it..
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo