OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Industrial Hemp Poll

Started by Kylongspur88, November 02, 2011, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you favor the legalization of industrial hemp?

YES
NO

Kylongspur88

I'm just curious. I just finished a paper on the topic for a class and was wondering what other opinions were.

TRKYHTR

This is probably a dumb question but what is "Industrial Hemp"?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CASH

Quote from: TRKYHTR on November 03, 2011, 01:00:57 AM

TRKYHTR

I'm assuming ole Mary Jane Joe.  If so, I say legalize it and tax the mess out of it.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Kylongspur88

TRKYHTR
It is cannibis, but it wont get you high like pot. Same plant/family of plants but is grown for its stalks that can be used to make pretty much anything from plastics to fiber board.

struttin_1

I will say yes. I'm really not sure why it was ever made illegal back in the 1950's. The products that can be made from it number around 25,000 or so. According to the wikipedia page industrial hemp is exported to the US more than any other country in the world. So if we have such a need for it why do we not cultivate it ourselves? With farms being lost all the time why not give farmers another crop.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on November 03, 2011, 07:57:00 AM

TRKYHTR
It is cannibis, but it wont get you high like pot. Same plant/family of plants but is grown for its stalks that can be used to make pretty much anything from plastics to fiber board.

Another dumb ? What is Cannibis?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

Quote from: CASH on November 03, 2011, 01:02:36 AM

TRKYHTR

I'm assuming ole Mary Jane Joe.  If so, I say legalize it and tax the mess out of it.

X 2 legalize it tax the crap out of it and pay off the deficit!

davisd9

I voted yes to manufacture goods to be used, but I would vote no if it is for creating it to smoke to get high.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Hognutz

Quote from: TRKYHTR on November 03, 2011, 10:09:47 AM

TRKYHTR

TRKYHTR
Cannibis is pot..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gob09

Quote from: Hognutz on November 03, 2011, 10:59:34 AM

TRKYHTR
:

TRKYHTR
Cannibis is pot..
TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:thats just too funny
why did it get outlawed it is a no brainer 

i mght get called some names here but i for one would not care if they legalized reefer to smoke its alot safer than booze and you cant overdose on it

Hognutz

President Clinton smoked it, but he did not inhale!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

pdqt

After reading about it some, a while back, it almost had to be political, or a special interest group.  Which is about the same thing.

Turkey Trot

TRKYHTR

Humboldt County's major cash crop.  ;D ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Turkey Trot

Hemp was and is a useful plant product.  I believe that the problem with allowing it to be grown is that it is very difficult to distinguish from marijuana when it is standing.

The science of plant genetics is highly advanced int his country.  It would seem that someone would figure out how to hybridize it and change some characteristics to make it distinguishable from marijuana while retaining all the useful characteristics.  
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

woodwzrd

That makes sence. If it looks that much like pot then it would just be inviting problems. From a getting high off it stand point from what I understand you would have to smoke a whole bail of it to get the same high as one joint so that really wouldn't be an issue.