OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dunns Fed ammo

Started by gobbler74, October 17, 2011, 12:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

If that was really an 8 oz round.. man that would hurt....but it should would be effective on the zombies...sorry had to do it.  :TooFunny:
https://www.shopdunns.com/products/2204/federal_heavyweight_10ga_3_5_8oz_5rd/

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

I figure thats some kind of typo  :)  Ive been wanting to try those loads out to see what they can do , I might take the plunge soon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobbler74

Oh its a typo for sure just making light of the situation. Federal pellets are super bad medicine. We need a better choke for the federal 10 hw loads or maybe federal will change their recipe on the shell.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

I'm afraid to run that load {flightstopper} in anything but a flush tube -

-Shannon

gobbler74

The flight control wad will shoot in a ported choke but it really has no choice once you drop the hammer on the primer like all shells. I prefer long parralel non ported chokes for better patterns with that wad. With other cups like the H13 or Nitro which are long with a few parralel splits, wad strippers seem to help. Those "air brake" flaps as I call em on the FC are affected more by ports. Sometimes we just think too much  ;D   

Devastator

im glad the fed 7,s shot awesome out of my sp after i was using the win hv 6's.the only reason i tried the 7's was because i found a box of flitecontrol 6 copper plated that shot pretty dang good.so i ordered the 7 h.w.and even better.shot 1 bird with each this last spring.the choke was a ballistics ported .690.ya never know.the fed 7 bird was at least 50-55 and it buried him like a bird at 25.one of the few birds in my life after the kill i lifted him up and there was no leg kicking or wing flapping.doa.lol

Old Gobbler

Jim, ill try a few of my chokes with the feds soon

Timb, What type of pellet counts did you get?

thanks guys --Shannon

-Shannon

Devastator

gobbler74

Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 20, 2011, 09:26:32 PM
Jim, ill try a few of my chokes with the feds soon

Timb, What type of pellet counts did you get?

thanks guys --Shannon
Ive got something in the works on a new choke for those

gobbler74

Quote from: timb on October 20, 2011, 06:26:52 PM
im glad the fed 7,s shot awesome out of my sp after i was using the win hv 6's.the only reason i tried the 7's was because i found a box of flitecontrol 6 copper plated that shot pretty dang good.so i ordered the 7 h.w.and even better.shot 1 bird with each this last spring.the choke was a ballistics ported .690.ya never know.the fed 7 bird was at least 50-55 and it buried him like a bird at 25.one of the few birds in my life after the kill i lifted him up and there was no leg kicking or wing flapping.doa.lol
I shoot a ballistics with Fed 7's in a 12. Picked it up 3 years ago. Best choke Ive ever used with the HW. 

Devastator

i got an average of around 175 with the c.p. 6's really nice and even 20 in.then tried the 7 hw and got 220-230 in the 10 and 20 was also very good.every gun is different though.