turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TAKE A LOOK ... OLD SCHOOL 10

Started by GOLD HUNTER, September 15, 2011, 11:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

THEM 10GA. guns are a little high $$$ and with no bids on any of them and some has ended !!!  :begging:

brian

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Devastator

thats what my 10 has for camo.it really blends in well.just put on a shur shot and am going to use an aimtech saddle mount to mount an aimpoint 9000 on it.going to be sending it soon for a dipping.i just wish the dang thing was not so heavy lol!

eight bore

Hey Brian
                You really should get one ! We need a seasoned handloader to work up loads with
on this site for the ten gauge.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

GOLD HUNTER

I'd like too..... but every time i load a 12ga. tss load, it alway ends up costing me $100.00's of $$$$ one way or another  :wave:

brian

Old Gobbler

The old school MO SP10 is what I have owned for 16-17 seasons now - Its all I have ever used since I got it - If I lost this gun I would run out and buy another just like it 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

HartClemson99

I found mine two springs ago at a gun shop in TN and got it for $550.  I have killed two easterns and a rio with it.  I plan on taking it to FL this spring.  It is a little banged up, but it goes boom and puts out a fine pattern with Nitro #7s and Magnum Blends out of a Rhino Tube.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

gobble157

Quote from: HartClemson99 on December 13, 2011, 05:51:47 PM
I found mine two springs ago at a gun shop in TN and got it for $550.  I have killed two easterns and a rio with it.  I plan on taking it to FL this spring.  It is a little banged up, but it goes boom and puts out a fine pattern with Nitro #7s and Magnum Blends out of a Rhino Tube.

Which rhino choke you using (constriction)?
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

gobble157

I love those patterns! I have a browning gold 10 and absolutely love it...just wish it were in same camo pattern.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

fitter

Gamblinman

Quote from: fitter on February 13, 2012, 03:37:20 AM
bet they kick like a mule :OGturkeyhead:

Suprisingly, less than most 12 gauge pump or single shot shotguns because of their weight. I can definitely vouch for my SP-10 having less felt recoil than my Super Mag. I just bought a one of the Max Gobblers that Remington made a few years ago, with the Knoxx stock..waiting to see how well that tames it.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

gobbler74

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 13, 2012, 07:16:10 AM
Quote from: fitter on February 13, 2012, 03:37:20 AM
bet they kick like a mule :OGturkeyhead:

Suprisingly, less than most 12 gauge pump or single shot shotguns because of their weight. I can definitely vouch for my SP-10 having less felt recoil than my Super Mag. I just bought a one of the Max Gobblers that Remington made a few years ago, with the Knoxx stock..waiting to see how well that tames it.

Gman

Yep Same with browning gold and bps 10 ga..   3.5" 12 has a worse punch on the shoulder. Either way no big deal unless you pattern for awhile without a lead sled. Both will take a toll after a few rounds hard rounds.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

nflorek

I love my 10ga's just don't see many people carrying them anymore :drool: