OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300 Speed Pump ?

Started by unclerick, September 09, 2011, 01:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclerick

Hey guys, I just traded for this Winchester 1300 20ga. speed pump with a 22in barrel with Winchoke and was wondering if any of ya'll can tell me something about it. I looked it up on the internet and I can't tellif it's a youth model or the compact, it looks a little big for a youth gun. Thinking of maybe useing in the turkey woods. Thinking of getting a couple turkey chokes and trying it out. The gun doesn't tell much on it and it's no more then 44in long. I know this ain't much to go on but it's all I got so any info putting me in a good direction will be appreceiated..   Thanks.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

dirt road ninja

Not sure of the gun you have, but it sounds like it would make a great turkey gun. Compact and I bet it's pretty light.

Old Gobbler

Not sure if your referring to the same gun I own , but this is a picture of a Winchester 1300 youth model given to me by my father in 1984 -notice the short stock and 22 inch barrel - The action on these guns are very slick - notice this is the plain barrel model , some had a vented rib  

The youth model will have the short reach forearm , in the top picture notice how the bolt/action is closed but the forearm is to the far rear - this is how you tell if you have a youth model if I'm not mistaken , I remember in the gun box that the gun came with there was a coupon to send away back to Winchester for a full length adult stock , If you have a full length stock with a short reach forearm the gun you now own is likely a youth model with the Winchester coupon adult stock installed -I'm no winchester expert and I'm not aware of every model ever made ,  I do know of a compact model made back then ? but am aware of the adult coupon stock - I can take some measurements of mine to compare with yours but the youth model stock is noticeably short on the pull when you shoulder it

I striped down the gun and epoxied the metal parts,polished out the bore and installed a Burris Fast Fire 2 , once the epoxy was on I put a DIY camo job - I didn't have the pure gold 570 in time for the hunt but that is on it now - With just the factory full and 3 inch mag blends it shot pretty good , HEAVY RECOIL with this load , a limbsaver will go on this gun soon

Bill Davis of Pure Gold recommended the 570 for me because the gun was for my son and I was opting for a solid 40 yard gun with this load , if want to tinker you can play with other restrictions but 40 yards is  plenty good for this gun for our needs

Hope this helps , Have fun with the new gun --Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

unclerick

Thanks guys, OG that looks about the same gun I have, it's 42in long with the choke, I'll try that choke, think i'll use it in the turkey woods with a Limbsaver cause it is lite. Thanks again fellers.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus