OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trail Camera

Started by Rodd Gunn, September 06, 2011, 03:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodd Gunn

I have been looking for a new trail camera. Searched Cabela's for cameras and read some of the reviews. After reading the reviews, I am not sure which would be a good purchase. They all have some harsh critics. I was hoping some of you folks could give me some suggestions. Thanks. Rodd Gunn

allchokedup

Hi,
I'm no expert on game cam's, but I bought a Moultrie M80 and it works perfect for me. I have had it setup near my tree stand for a couple months and I love the pics. The battery still shows 100% and it is real easy to setup. I hear Bushnell makes some awesome cam's too. My M80X cost me around $120.00 but I have seen them lately around $109.00.
Good luck.

hookedspur

take a look at this maybe some help . I don't have anything in it but it was interesting info. Hope its of some help.
http://besttrailcams.com/
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

FANMAN

I've got a WGI ir6, and a Bushnell TC,They are both work great, The WGI takes slightly better pics. at half the price...but the Bushnell has twice the warranty.It's kinda luck of the draw.

Rodd Gunn

You guys have been very helpful. Keep your suggestions and thoughts coming. I would appreciate hearing from others. Rodd

drenalinld

Quote from: FANMAN on September 07, 2011, 10:41:27 AM
I've got a WGI ir6, and a Bushnell TC,They are both work great, The WGI takes slightly better pics. at half the price...but the Bushnell has twice the warranty.It's kinda luck of the draw.
How does the battery life of the ir6 compare to the TC? That's why I am using the TC. Six months to one year on $14 worth of lithium AA's.

FANMAN

Quote from: drenalinld on September 07, 2011, 04:05:32 PM
Quote from: FANMAN on September 07, 2011, 10:41:27 AM
How does the battery life of the ir6 compare to the TC? That's why I am using the TC. Six months to one year on $14 worth of lithium AA's.
good point
I also get nearly a year out of the TC with the lithium batterys.Simply awesome.The WGI ir6 will only run a month on standard alkaline batterys/four months on lithium.

Gobble!

Cabelas has the Bushnell 5MP trophy cam for $120 right now. Thats a tough deal to beat.

dirt road ninja

The M-80 or the trophy cam. I also like the old Moultrie I-40. They are big and bulky, but the battery life is good, pictures are good and they have never ever failed me. I currently run more of the TC's now, but the M-80 are what I'm buying now to add to my collection. The I-40 are becoming to hard to find new ones.

turkey slayer

dont go with the m-80 i have returned 3 of them, they are awful.  I love my bushnell

econo

May God bless you all

beagler

Another vote for the Moultrie M80. I have two of them.
Never Misses

RC_STRUT

I've learned that trail cams are a hit and miss.  So far, Bushnell have worked great for me.  Had to return one on me because of the camera taking consecutive pics on me when the temp would drop below 30 degrees but other than that, it's been great so far.

I've lived and learned about Moultrie also. Great products but horrible customer service. I will not buy Moultrie ever again.

ElkTurkMan

I just picked up an M80 for $100.00 at Academy.  I hope it does well.  I have aMoultrie d-40 that has been going strong for four years.