OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi-13 Choke w/ MagBlends in a SBE? Opinions...

Started by TheSportsman, September 02, 2011, 10:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Hey guys, wanted to get a opinion.... I am gonna start playin with the turkey gun here soon...  I am wanting to try a combo in it and wanted to get yalls opinions on what yall "think" it will be like?  Ive got a Benelli SBE(not a II) w/ a 26" barrel.  I was thinking of trying the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke with a 2 1/4oz, 3.5" MagBlend Load.  What kind of results would yall expect from this?  I hear everyone say the Hevi 13 chokes are great and I know Ive read the Benellis like the tighter chokes... What are yalls guesses? Just looking for a good 50yd MAX hunting load.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: TheSportsman on September 02, 2011, 10:53:37 PM
Hey guys, wanted to get a opinion.... I am gonna start playin with the turkey gun here soon...  I am wanting to try a combo in it and wanted to get yalls opinions on what yall "think" it will be like?  Ive got a Benelli SBE(not a II) w/ a 26" barrel.  I was thinking of trying the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke with a 2 1/4oz, 3.5" MagBlend Load.  What kind of results would yall expect from this?  I hear everyone say the Hevi 13 chokes are great and I know Ive read the Benellis like the tighter chokes... What are yalls guesses? Just looking for a good 50yd MAX hunting load.

I can't speak to that load in your gun with the Hevi-13 choke but I have shot a lot of 3" Hevi-Shot shells, #6, #7 and Magnum Blend and they all delivered excellent patterns. That choke seems to work especially well in the SBE and all the Benelli guns with the Mobil choke system.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TheSportsman

Thanks Clark.  Im really looking forward to trying it.  I was gonna try that choke and maybe a .655 Jellyhead.  What are your thoughts on the JH .655 in the Benellis?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: TheSportsman on September 03, 2011, 06:17:09 PM
Thanks Clark.  Im really looking forward to trying it.  I was gonna try that choke and maybe a .655 Jellyhead.  What are your thoughts on the JH .655 in the Benellis?

I think you'll be very pleased with the H-13 choke. It's a good choice.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."