turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buster"s Custom Calls

Started by 357MAGNOLE, April 18, 2024, 10:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Seen enough feedback here that I got on his wait list. I'm digging the idea of a red slate but if you could only have one (probably ordering two but for the sake of it) which one of his calls would you get?

Also, I'm intrigued by the double sided calls. Is it always slate on slate? Guessing the small side is for tree talking?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

kwild835

I had his crystal/carbon in clear acrylic pot and it was killer.

dixiemagnum80

I have a slate, a glass, and a ceramic. All 3 are awesome but that ceramic has a next level sound to my ear.
Chuck

Lcmacd 58

Always looking for different
Can someone enlighten me on where to look into Busters calls ....
TIA

mauser06

I have one of his red slate persimmons that he seems known for.  Pair it up with a JLH frog and whew. I know they are good buddies...You'd swear they were made to run together. 

I found Buster on Facebook and sent him a message. 

Sir-diealot

I am not sure with Buster but generally speaking two sided calls are not always slate and slate, as a matter of fact I have seen very few slate and slate, normally what I have seen is like a Crystal/Slate, Aluminum/Slate, Glass/Slate or so on. Basically a louder main surface and then the slate under for a more mellow sounds. He may well do it differently though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RLAG

I've got his acrylic crystal/cf, persimmon red slate and ceramic mahoe. All 3 play fantastic and it's a matter of what the bird wants to hear that day

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Persimmon/red slate or Osage / glass  both proven killers by me.....

Greg Massey

Ceramic / mahoe pot, Glass / green slate Bolivian Rosewood, Red Slate / Persimmon pot, Glass / red Slate Hormigo pot, Slate / glass Walnut pot, Purple slate / glass and purple slate back - 2 sider, Crystal / slate Hormigo pot, Ceramic / acrylic pot, Anodized Aluminum / slate Hormigo pot - 2 sider, Glass / aluminum Hormigo pot

Hormigo wood is a rare wood and musical grade

Buster makes some awesome pot calls ....

357MAGNOLE

Looks like I'll definitely be requesting a red slate in persimmon.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

PEte_A

I have a clear acrylic with glass over slate from Buster. It's a VERY good call.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

BTH

I have had and sold a few of his calls over the years. My favorites are the persimmon pot green slate over glass, Osage pot glass over slate and an acrylic pot stoned aluminum over glass. But my most favorite is a bloodwood glass over slate. I gave my brother a Christmas present a few years ago ..... a canarywood pot green slate over glass. That pot alone I believe has 8 dead gobblers to its credit.
Phil 4:13

Sir-diealot

How long is his wait list? I can't get another call til next year so if it is shorter than that I will hold off. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mauser06

I ordered my red slate persimmon a couple months ago and had it within a week or 2.