News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MKW/Mike Williams Trumpets

Started by J Gilbert, April 18, 2024, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Gilbert

Who here has one, and what do you have?

Mike (MKW) had a bit of a cult following on this site back in the early 2000's as one of the first to use a 20ga for turkeys, but has long since disappeared from hunting forums altogether.  Back sometime around 2010 or after, he made trumpets that were held in very high regard and I was fortunate to get one from him, #25 that he made, which is full delrin.  I've only ever seen one other trumpet by him, owned by Mark Sharpe, and am curious how many are floating around out there still calling in turkeys.

Thanks!

davisd9

Quote from: J Gilbert on April 18, 2024, 10:31:00 AM
Who here has one, and what do you have?

Mike (MKW) had a bit of a cult following on this site back in the early 2000's as one of the first to use a 20ga for turkeys, but has long since disappeared from hunting forums altogether.  Back sometime around 2010 or after, he made trumpets that were held in very high regard and I was fortunate to get one from him, #25 that he made, which is full delrin.  I've only ever seen one other trumpet by him, owned by Mark Sharpe, and am curious how many are floating around out there still calling in turkeys.

Thanks!
Mike can be found in the right place. He directed me to a great breeder he used to get my Boykin Spaniel. He is still slaying turkeys but not making calls. Wish he would start building again, but completely understand why he stopped. He has a good many calls out there. I have one of his personal calls, Cocobolo with buffalo horn, that he has killed birds with. Would love to have a few more of his calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wchadw

I had a delrin and sold or traded it a couple years ago. Wish I had hung on to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afhunter1

I have a Mopani or something like that.  Traded a KP for it a few years ago.

gaswamp

sometimes I wish I could just walk away from the forums

J Gilbert

Quote from: gaswamp on April 19, 2024, 05:59:49 AM

I've been reading your posts on the other site since it was called Woody's, I'm fairly certain you're too engrained to leave now

gaswamp

Quote from: J Gilbert on April 19, 2024, 09:01:16 AM

I've been reading your posts on the other site since it was called Woody's, I'm fairly certain you're too engrained to leave now

true GON is still my favorite and none of them are what they once were

davisd9

Quote from: gaswamp on April 19, 2024, 05:26:57 PM
Quote from: J Gilbert on April 19, 2024, 09:01:16 AM

true GON is still my favorite and none of them are what they once were

Very true statement
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NCSWAMPFOX

met mike on here and got trumphet from him. still have it.as davis said, he can still be found   

Brad_Colvin

Mike made the first trumpet I ever got. Mopani with delrin mouth piece. I will never get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk